How much $ did you lose until you made $ trading ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by zanek, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Whereas, Jack Hershey goes flat out down the failed guru, misleading and blinding many.

It would be embarrassing to be you. But since you have no shame, it is likely just more an empty soul who will do anything and say anything to get the acclamation of newbies.

#21     Oct 3, 2009
  2. He delivers much more substance and insight to this forum than you. If I were any type of trader from newbie to vet, I would rather listen to him over you.

#22     Oct 3, 2009
  3. blew out my first 5k account back in 2002 in about 2 weeks, lol... took me a few years to start making money consistently

#23     Oct 3, 2009
  4. It is important to me that certain kinds of potential traders come to agree with you.

I have hired a lot of roofing subcontractors in my day. I'm sure your crew of 11 did a great job applying roofing to the specs they were given.

These two "anything" type comments will get the acclamation of many newbies as you predict. Two kinds of acclamation; one for each of us. I do not know any clams so I don't know exactly how they do it.

My recent post to the MLR'ers was a solultion to their dilemma. They may or may not clam up in responding. They can clam either way. If they or others have Q's, I will support their interests.

I always feel that up to a certain point it is possible for a person to rise out of his first recourses to effect a change of direction and get going towards a possible goal. If not they stay in their benthic habitat which is a good place for those who clean up things left behind by others.

Do a what if. Think of what it would be like for traders if they WERE on the right side of the market all the time. It is definitely a bivalve problem to consider.

as lassie once said: "Roof, roof, roof". He was a roofer, too.

#24     Oct 4, 2009
  5. SK0

SK0

Jack, the hardest part for me, using merely ES P V data set, is to understand the volume peak is coming soon and later know it is over but not too late to catch.

#25     Oct 5, 2009
  6. ammo

ammo

until u learn to trade the market instead of your acct, u will be stuck in this smaller mental picture and subject to the psychological handcuffs that go with it.... trade sim with larger #s , see thru the larger players eyes,and u will become part of the market and less a personal punching bag, without this mental breakthru , you may stay a 7/11 clerk all your life metaphorically, as most market participants are, no disrespect, i'm not the judge.

#26     Oct 5, 2009
  7. try asking that to a professional trader instead of to a bunch of kids and trader wannabes in a internet forum.

most pro traders would say something along the lines of what traderzones has posted here.

i know some of these guys and they certainly think that way.

i.e., i have had periods of 5 years of successful trading followed of periods in which i gave back the gains. in the long run, all successful traders tend to give back all their gains, therefore the best approach is to quit trading or keep taking money off the table to avoid the inevitable law of large numbers - see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers

the important question is not how much time until profitability but rather how much time until my luck runs out and my results revert to its mean. thus, successful trading is about making one or two killings in your life time rather achieving profitability consistency across time.

good luck

#27     Oct 5, 2009
  8. Quote from jack hershey:

I have hired a lot of roofing subcontractors in my day. I'm sure your crew of 11 did a great job applying roofing to the specs they were given.

Actually, I remember you applying for a position as "tear-off" man, but the references from your previous employers said you kept licking the tar paper.

These two "anything" type comments will get the acclamation of many newbies as you predict. Two kinds of acclamation; one for each of us. I do not know any clams so I don't know exactly how they do it.

My recent post to the MLR'ers was a solultion to their dilemma. They may or may not clam up in responding. They can clam either way. If they or others have Q's, I will support their interests.

I always feel that up to a certain point it is possible for a person to rise out of his first recourses to effect a change of direction and get going towards a possible goal. If not they stay in their benthic habitat which is a good place for those who clean up things left behind by others.

Do a what if. Think of what it would be like for traders if they WERE on the right side of the market all the time. It is definitely a bivalve problem to consider.

As always, you are the perfect antonym of concise and intuitive.

"Benthic" and "Bivalve" and "clam" :D I see you have been down at the beach, looking for crabs again.

as lassie once said: "Roof, roof, roof". He was a roofer, too.

Sometimes, it is exceptionally painful to read your posts. This is 3rd grade humour. Why don't you follow your several-time claims that you were leaving ET for good? :confused:

#28     Oct 5, 2009
  9. I highly doubt you are a decent trader TraderZones

#29     Oct 5, 2009
  10. Other things to consider: Simulate several months. It won't guarantee anything, but will help you really learn.
    Use a robotic trader. It uses rules and takes out most of the emotion.
    Attention engineers: Set up several similar strategies and change by 1-2 variables to see what has the greatest influence on profits. (Obviously the markets, but what, after that?).
    Track your metrics (not just the stock charts) daily and graph for other patterns that may emerge.

#30     Oct 5, 2009