How much $ did you lose until you made $ trading ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by zanek, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Who's being hostile? I'm recounting all of your storytelling efforts for the pleasure of the thread readers ... you and the other jack hershey ass fairy's seem to have enjoyed taking it over.

The ES Journal (remember that one, LOL) is there for one and all if you want to make your calls to go along with your paper trading ninjatrader blotter, as far as the other jack hershey nonsense that you and the other ass fairy's like to pollute ET with, please keep it to yourself. :)

#111     Oct 14, 2009
  2. ehorn

ehorn

lol! Have a good night JJ

#112     Oct 14, 2009
  3. #113     Oct 14, 2009
  4. Give yourself about 3 years. You'll need this time to:

1. paper trade
    2. find your edge
    3. develope a style of trading and market that fits you
    4. get over the fact that there is no HOLY GRAIL
    5. learn how to follow and identify trends
    6. not getting emotional about losses and euphoric about gains
    7. make notes, and keep copies of your charts so you can LEARN
    8. stop making random trades off gut feelings, and be disiplined and consistant.
    9. stop going after the fast buck, like trying to trade major news the day of or night before trying to catch a rocket stock.
    10. learn how to use multiple time frames and not be confused out of your f---ing mind
    11. IF your going to use indicators, STICK to a few, stop flip flopping trying to find the "best"
    12. Have a passion for the stock market....your going to need it :)

but to answer the post. I lost about 3 to 6k in a 4yr period.

#114     Oct 15, 2009
  5. gucci

gucci

Great comment, thank you. You REALLY learned something as we all can see. Check my post this OCD dude dug out for you. (To be honest I lost 50 points on DAX with this trade- this as a lot for me and my largest loss up to date. I just hate losses :)) I'll follow your advice and get some fresh air... It really does good. Thank you. I know you won't follow any advices from such a loser like me, so I just sincerely wish you do not suffocate from the very stuff you "learned".

PS: If you want to start a serious discussion, just say so. Jack just wanted to help.

#115     Oct 15, 2009