How much did you lose this week?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by midlifeguy, Jul 27, 2007.

1. mgzheng

mgzheng

Another profitable month like usual when I don't bet on price direction.

#11     Jul 28, 2007
  2. #12     Jul 28, 2007
  3. Nice use of the thread to promote your book.

#13     Jul 28, 2007
  4. Thanx! I'm using the book as a hedge because I'll probably make money off of it if this bull market continues, while making money from my short selling if the kind of action we saw this week continues.

#14     Jul 28, 2007
  5. BJL

BJL

lost $55k this week and not concerned about it.

#15     Jul 28, 2007
  6. NoteBoy

NoteBoy

It was my second worst week of the year. The money lost wasn't what bothered me, it was more the frusturation at not being able to capitalize on the extreme volatility. In fact I got nailed by it a couple times.

I made some much needed adjustments and had a decent day Friday so am looking forward to next week. Lots of data coming out to hopefully add fuel to the fire :D .

#16     Jul 28, 2007
  7. my homebuilder and lender shorts are looking much bettter now :)

#17     Jul 28, 2007
  8. Made 10%, $4000 selling short. People say it was out of the blue? What charts were you looking at? Come on. If you lost money this week, then seriously, you are not a trader.

#18     Jul 28, 2007
  9. Made $8050.00 in 23 calls on AAPL (got out too early, before earnings, due to AT&T news), down $9000 in 35 calls of NMX, but still holding that position and hoping for some bounce on Monday and Tuesday going into their earnings and record volume of contracts trading.

#19     Jul 28, 2007
  10. last week was my best week this year

if you trade futures, there is absolutely no short vs. long advantage (don't have to have shares available to borrow for shorts, for example).

i make the most money in exceptionally volatile conditions. i actually prefer in some ways to trade narrow range low volatility, because it is easier, but the biggest money is made on days like thursday.

an intraday trader SHOULD be able to make just as much money on selloffs as he does on massive bull rallies.

imo of course

#20     Jul 28, 2007