how much did you lose on the correction today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dac8555, Jan 18, 2006.

1. i had a plan to sell er2 at 717-718,which i did but i suffer from ppt(pre-mature profit taking) and covered at 714.still,i dont complain.i had gold on the watch list but it just confused me.
    maybe some selling ops in live cattle but the day is running out and dont want to hold over the weekend. i will sell if it comes to me otherwise nothing.

#51     Jan 20, 2006
  2. dac8555

dac8555

didnt i see on an earlier post that you are a cattle trader? or was that somone else? i have a friend that used to run commodities for merril in the 90s and is now a big cattle guy. curious if you know him.

#52     Jan 20, 2006
  3. i've just started poking at hogs and cattle. so far i've done well but i need to learn a whole lot morefor sure. usually i stick with bonds canadian 10yr,US 10-2 and JGB's. sometimes i go at stock indexes but my confidence there is lacking. i only trade 5-10 contracts so i'm not a market mover.lol and hardly hold overnight.have a good weekend.

#53     Jan 20, 2006
  4. To dac,
    I would like to sincerely apologize in public about the post I made. I had a couple of beers and I jumped on the band wagon. There's nothing wrong with some give and take, it makes a good break from Trading. Obviously I was just joking, I had a great day today. I sold out my qqq's when the Dow was down 175. I paid .25 cents for them on Tues., and sold them for 1.20 today. Usually I don't carry trades overnight but my Timing guy nailed this one. I didn't listen to him on Thursday (called for Strong Market action)and thought that my puts were toast. Today the Call was for a sell-off, and it paid off big. I'm not bragging, just sharing.
    I agree that what makes this an awesome site is the calibre of many of the members, and the insight they share. I'll try to do my part in keeping it to a high standard, while not being too serious.
    Lifes good, let's kick some ass Monday.

...Rennick out

#54     Jan 21, 2006
  5. ENZO

ENZO

Oh, how I agree. I think we should upgrade them to a "Bag of Shit"

#55     Jan 21, 2006
  6. Not your boy dac y para que sepas tengo mis licencias 7, 63, 24 y 55 y trabajo para una institucion muy reputable pero no te voy a tirar nada en la cara. No me hables como un novato que el que tiene que aprender mucho de los mercados sos vos hijo.

Vos sos mi P***

#56     Jan 21, 2006
  7. Responde lo que quieras que ya termine de perder el tiempo con vos asi que buena suerte y yo seguire viviendo mi vida y escalando los pilones del exito mientras vos te quedas en tu agujero oscuro pensando que estas "connectado" cuando en realidad tu mundo es tan pequeno....

#57     Jan 21, 2006
  8. dac8555

dac8555

keep it coming...for a guy who said he didnt want to screw with me any more, i sure have gotten under your skin somehow.

for those who want a translation...he said "wow man, i am really sorry for being so difficult. i read you other posts iand as it turns out you are a really nice guy. i even saw you are helping a guy figure out if renting or buying is better, and helping another guy write a better resume so he can get a good job. I am sorry i crossed you...good luck"

maje si quieres escribir en espanol, no podemos comparir nuestros mensajes del amor. Yo siento tan orgullos que me vida suena tan extrordinaro que usteds no me creen. si, es una buena vida. si tiene razon que mi mundo es tan peqeno. este mercado esta pequeno. por eso, yo conozco tana gente. todos conocen todos. eso si ayuda tambien para cambiar nuestros mercados. usted tal vez piensa que no significa nada...pero el gerente general del IDB mas grande del mundo esta bastante interesado en que estamos haciendo en este parte del mundo, bueno es es que me dijo cuando tuvimo el almuerzo el agosto pasado.

#58     Jan 21, 2006
  9. dac8555

dac8555

you have a 24? wow, a branch manager. quite good. maybe with language like:

"You losers from CR think you are the king of the world down in Central America when in reality you cant even get a goat to blow you... You dickwad"

you could really climb the corporate ladder! I hear board member LOVE IT when you talk to them like that!

#59     Jan 21, 2006
  10. Maybe, maybe.

#60     Feb 1, 2006