how much did you lose on the correction today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dac8555, Jan 18, 2006.

1. dac8555

dac8555

ow geez. yes 3 different languages. english , spanish, portugese... brasilian (yes i spell it with an s) debt is 40% of the market. Although i only consider myself fluent in the first two. and the minimum order i take is $1/2 million or the equilavent in the local currency (colones...495:1). the average order size is $2.0mm. pretty standard for interbank trading.

why is this so hard to believe? This is par for EM bond guys. havent any of you done anything with your lives? i know 10 other guys that are just like me. I am nothing special...but i dont fall in the newbie category as accused.

moderator........man just kill this thread. The intention was to try to learn from the market correction today. now these guys want to see my resume for defending myself....

#21     Jan 18, 2006
  2. Not at all... you have a pathological need to scream it from the rooftops. You're all winners!

It's all cool, though. No hard feelings. :p

#22     Jan 18, 2006
  3. mizer

mizer

Yeah seriously your such a "Big Dog" and your worried about losing 800 bucks:confused:

#23     Jan 18, 2006
  4. Yes, but that loss was in REAL live. Makes a hell of a difference.

#24     Jan 18, 2006
  5. dac8555

dac8555

never claimed to be a big dog. My career and my trading account are two very seperate items.

i wisely only have a small portion of my risk capital in my active trading account. And I have very tight stop loses. that is one of the bigger losses i have taken in this account....yes. losing $800 in 5 minutes is not my idea of a good time. i would like to have that $800 back.

#25     Jan 18, 2006
  6. 60k
    lol

Even a retail like me pisses on 60k

#26     Jan 18, 2006
  7. dac8555

dac8555

Come to think of it....i can have sex with 4 women at the same time down here for $800!!! now i REALLY want it back!!!:p

#27     Jan 18, 2006
  8. dac8555

dac8555

laugh all you want. i am only 30. Every dime i ever made was after college. and i took a year off to travel , and 2 years to starta company (which went broke) It isnt easy to have $60k in pure risk capital while still being diversified (i have no house payment car payment, and dont own anyone a dime) in that amount of time. I worked hard for that money.

You piss on $60k? man i wouldnt piss on $5. i know some very very wealthy people that wouldnt piss on $60k. Where i live, a family of 4 can live on that for 10 years if they are frugal.

you should respect your money more...one day it may all be gone.

#28     Jan 18, 2006
  9. where do you live? i guess 200 each isnt that cheap.lol

with everything selling today i just wonder what theheck is going on with the big money. these kind of days i just stay away and trade cattle and hogs.:)

#29     Jan 18, 2006
  10. Where can I live on 60k? Will that get me a nice house, and not have to worry about kidnappings, cartel related murders, and high crime rates?

#30     Jan 18, 2006