how much did you lose on the correction today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dac8555, Jan 18, 2006.

1. i call bs on it too, why would anyone throwing around serious wedge come over here.

#11     Jan 18, 2006
  2. dac8555

dac8555

the bde 20. and the 11 is right behind. they are the compnents of the international and international total return indexes. the 8, 9, 13, and 14 are pretty illiquid.

#12     Jan 18, 2006
  3. meskhot

meskhot

gooood !
    :) Just remembered I was stuck for a long time in an illiquid position on the 09's...

#13     Jan 18, 2006
  4. dac8555

dac8555

down here the equity markets are basically non-existent. Nobody has a clue about trading, technical analysis or the like. Not to mention i like to speak english every now and then. there is always something to learn.

I never said i was throwing around "serious wedge". The salaries down here are significantly less than the states or europe....but making significant changes to an illiquid region is SERIOUS resume candy. After about 3 years i will be able to go anywhere i want. My references will also be stellar.

this thread however is not about me....you called me an amateur, and i corrected you.

If you think i am full of it....look me up on bloomberg... the page i created (with the interdealer broker service i created, the indices, etc is BBNV (go). it goes to the CR exchange, who is part owner of the subsidiary i run.

cheers.

back to the topic.........anyone else get a beating this morning?

#14     Jan 18, 2006
  5. I was long some tech, and I got long more tech this morning. I was down nearly 2g's at one point, now I'm up about $200-400 inclusive of unrealized

If the fat guys start shifting, all we little ones can do is ride the waves, no?

#15     Jan 18, 2006
  6. Meeeellions?!! In debt, that's insignificant. Like a 10 lot long bond. Licensed to kill? OMG, this will go down in the annals of ET as the most delusional thread. You're both Darwin Award finalists. Bravo!

#16     Jan 18, 2006
  7. he is #2 all right ... right behind bearded lady

#17     Jan 18, 2006
  8. If $800 is a beating, well then think of how the guy in Live Door feels.

#18     Jan 18, 2006
  9. If you look closer it was sell orders for LiveDoor - not the entire Nikkei. (~ 4 million sell orders)

If you need to know why LiveDoor was being oversold, google the company and the Ferrari-driving CEO. Take it for what it's worth, but my opinion is that the bears are looking for an excuse to say "i told you so" and any bad news will be generalized by the bears with the microphones.

#19     Jan 18, 2006
  10. [QUOTE
    back to the topic.........anyone else get a beating this morning? [/B][/QUOTE]

Im down 4k in the past two sessions - consolidated my portfolio into two positions: appl and amtd.

There are a lot of bears out there - expect a change in setement after aapl reports after the US close today.

#20     Jan 18, 2006