How much commission you willing to pay for 5% per day

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by oskoptsev, May 27, 2005.

1. If you make 5% a day you don't need any clients at all.
    If you do it means that you probably don't make the 5% or that the risk of wiping out the account is very big.

I make more than 5% a day, i will never accept money from clients; i don't need them as at this rate i am even limited to invest only part of my own money.

To me it sounds like a scam. As there are so many on the internet. You can find hundreds of "succesfull" black boxes and traders that can double you money in no time.

#11     May 28, 2005
  2. 5 % of day yeah right

the B.S you have to read on here

#12     May 28, 2005
  3. I don't belive it. If so you result is amazing

How many time leverage to your equity used?

#13     May 28, 2005
  4. I trade the Eminis (ES). Margin 1000$ per contract. 1 point a day is enough to make 5%. I make more than 1 point average NET a day.

What is funny is that you first say that it's impossible and afterwards ask what and how i trade.

So you make conclusions without even knowing what your are talking about.
    Several posters are so busy in trying to find lies from other posters that it becomes the sole and most important activity for them.
    I wonder on what your conclusions were based to say that what i said is impossible.

#14     May 28, 2005
  5. Spike500,

How much points you average per day in the E-mini's excluding commissions ?

I don't want to know how much $ you make
    :cool:

#15     May 28, 2005
  6. Bali_survivor has already calculated how many points i should have to make based on information i gave in the previous months.
    This was AFTER paying commissions and AFTER slippage. Find her and mine postings and you will have the correct answer.

I already posted in 2003 three days of trading in realtime. So signals posted within the minute after the position was taken or closed. I made NET 487.5 $ on 1 mini with 1000$ margin ( 4 trades: 3 winners and 1 loser). So between 3 and 4 points a day. The test was to make 2 points NET a day during 1 month. I stopped after 3 days, not because i couldn't make these 2 points a day, but because of the attitude of some posters. Instead of giving the opportunity to see if it was possible, they preferred to try to make me fail. All means were allowed to get this far.
    So i no longer do these kind of things.
    I explained in another htread the previous weeks the logic behind my system. There it ends for me.

#16     May 28, 2005
  7. If one tick in any market means 1% or more of your account, I hope you are sweeping out your profits and putting them under your mother-in-law's name :)

#17     May 28, 2005
  8. #18     May 28, 2005
  9. 1 tick represent 1.25% of my account.
    I trade S&P futures since 1995; first big contracts, later Eminis.
    My maximum drawdown in this period was less than 20%.
    If i wipe out my account, i can start over again because i only invest a small amount of my capital in futures. If i wipe out my account 10 times in a row i still can continu living as i do.
    That's also the reason why im not super rich. I limit the amount of money i invested in it, and i know why.
    People that calculate that in x months you can make a billion dollars don't know what they are talking about.

#19     May 28, 2005
  10. kubilai

kubilai

Hmm, things are making more sense the more I follow your adventures.

Had to say $1k margin on ES sounded very aggressive, reckless even, when I first heard it. Should have suspected you're not deploying your whole networth on this one strategy. Assuming you only deploy 10% of your networth, you're really using $10k margin with respect to your networth. You are just using the extra leverage on the ES contract, to get essentially a 10% stoploss on this strategy (account wipeout). Am I following you so far?

Are there other reasons you're not letting the strategy compound fully? Maybe you don't think the strategy can make efficient use of more capital? I'm starting to suspect that all the people with legit claims to very high performance, did it because they didn't let their account compound. A high performance strategy has to hits its capital ceiling very quickly, so you have to withdraw profits and look for new strategies to deploy excess capital.

#20     May 28, 2005