How much capital required to generate $200/day pair trading?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by lolatency, Apr 8, 2009.

1. dhpar

dhpar

yes - that's what i meant. thanks eagle

bwolinsky if you can't make $50k with $100k in a year i am sorry for you....or maybe not. LOL!

fuck off with your C2 magic whatever it is.

#21     Apr 8, 2009
  2. Whatever. If they want real traders coming to this board, they'll put up with it. That's just a badge, and the only thing I'm using it for is to prove I know what I'm talking about. This thread would be meaningless without the link to what's possible with pairs.

If he wants more paper trading drivel and speculation, he can remove the link, but essentially it's just as a way to "prove" what's possible, and that's how I'm using it here.

#22     Apr 8, 2009
  3. Well, it was only to show that it's possible. I guess I won't use the link, but the suggestion to find a shell program and experiment with QID and QLD and SDS, SSO, and MVV and MZZ is excellent information.

#23     Apr 8, 2009
  4. I'd love to see someone from ET actually come on and make $50k on C2. As of yet, there's only one blotter trader to come to c2, and he trades QQQQ as well, but he hasn't come anywhere close to making 50%, though his system is only 4 months old.

#24     Apr 8, 2009
  5. rosy2

rosy2

where i am . 500k is required to generate 5k profit per day doing intraday trading

#25     Apr 8, 2009
  6. Before or after leverage? This sounds like a reasonable number.

#26     Apr 8, 2009
  7. Reasonable, yes, making the claim that it is an average day that never ends is a bit of a stretch. If that's true he'd be compounding at 1.01^250 at 1,103%, and I guarantee he's not.

#27     Apr 8, 2009
  8. rosy2

rosy2

before. a lot of volume is done.

fyi, this is automated trading

#28     Apr 8, 2009
  9. Can't wait to see you above Buffett in three years then.

#29     Apr 8, 2009
  10. 15rms

15rms

Collective2 is paper trading. All results on C2 are hypothetical.

#30     Apr 8, 2009