How much can you bench?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ticktaker, Feb 4, 2010.

1. called muscle memory.. 215 not too shaby, stick with it youll be throwin up 2 plates in no time:cool:

#11     Feb 5, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Little league baseball, a little basketball and "vacant lot" football in high school. I never was into sports all that much.

#12     Feb 5, 2010
  3. :p

#13     Feb 5, 2010
  4. LOL You Da Man

#14     Feb 5, 2010
  5. maxpi

maxpi

I can do 14 pushups on the second porch step here, then a second set of 4 on the first step... I wonder if there is an internet calculator that will convert that to pounds on a bench..... checking... uh, nope...

#15     Feb 5, 2010
  6. dcvtss

dcvtss

never tried to max out but could do 3 sets of 10 at 225 lbs on the flat bench, that's as far as I went. I think there are some calculators that translate that to a theoretical max - yup according to the first google hit http://www.bench-press.net/bench-press-max-calculator.html that is a max of 299.25.

#16     Feb 5, 2010
  7. I can put tons of stuff on a bench.
    Long as the bench can hold it.

Seriously though, bench has to be the worst exercise-know two people caused themselves serious injuries, one from two much weight ( bar slid sideways, tore something pretty bad, trapped under it for a bit) another from crappy, cheap unbalanced equipment, whole damn thing toppled over backwards, coulda killed 'em.

For that matter, people may thing Sylvester Stallone is all roids and drugs for movies, (no comment) but some may remember, he ripped his pectoral muscle clean of his shoulder attachments training for a movie-with bench press.

Bench press?
    One star from me.

#17     Feb 6, 2010
  8. When I was 17, I bench pressed 275... but I was young and that's what you did. But I agree, it's overrated and dangerous.

I have a brother and when he was young he could squat well over 600lbs. He liked the clanking sound all those plates made and the attention, I guess. His knees are beginning to remind him of those days.

Pissing contests are overrated.

I use lighter weights now just to tone up and maintain and will focus more on cardio again. I don't think it's necessary to go overboard on the resistance.

#18     Feb 6, 2010
  9. I found out real quick while I was in the U.S. Army who was the stronger of the lot......try to climb a rappel rope up 40 to 50 feet into a hovering UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter. :eek:

At 6' 2" and about 195 lbs it took me about three times before I was finally able to do it.....that was a mother %^*&#!!!

BTW, don't let go! :eek:

:D

#19     Feb 6, 2010
  10. ddog

ddog

Pastor Rennick you are incorrect. This is who you are thinking of:

http://www.myspace.com/doctorjimsadler

#20     Feb 6, 2010