how much can 1 us dollar buy in china?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Jul 29, 2009.

1. zdreg

zdreg

"are you implying that the yuan is hard because it is pegged to the dollar. if you are from the US I would not be surprised by your nonsensical statement. "

regrets. I did not misconstrue. I was checking the intent of your statement. my second sentence should have read if you are from the US I would not be be surprised by a nonsensical statement of the kind:that the dollar is hard against the yuan. again regrets about the mixup.

#21     Jul 29, 2009
  2. heech

heech

A typical "to go" meal from a basic Chinese cafeteria-style restaurant would cost you about $1 USD.

A meal in a reasonable restaurant (the kind you'd visit with friends/family, not the kind you visit to throw a banquet) would cost you about $3 USD/head.

Taxi fares usually start around $1 USD (although this depends on the city).

Subway fare is usually about 15 cents. A newspaper is usually about 15 cents.

Non-air conditioned bus fare is about 15 cents, and air conditioned bus fare is about 30 cents. A small bottle of water will usually run you about 30 cents.

A small bottle (~6 ounces?) of very potent (95 proof) Beijing erguotou liquor can be as cheap as $1.

How more specific can I get? LOL.

#22     Jul 29, 2009
  3. ur really dreaming. even in one of the small towns in an impoverished province, say Anhui, you will not be able to do that.

for a buck, you might be able to get the cab driver to get you to the centre of the small town though

#23     Jul 29, 2009
  4. Some people turned off the news 20 years ago. Are you ignorant of the Chinese governments yuan manipulation for so many years, to ensure their products are cheap?????????????

#24     Jul 29, 2009