How much buying power ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by inomad, Aug 26, 2008.

1. inomad

inomad

How much buying power one need to make consistently $500/day ?
    What is your experience?
    Thank you.

2. inomad

inomad

sorry, forgot to mention....daytrading stocks.
    what is your experience?
    when you got to make let's say 15 days in a month , around 500 $/day?

3. $100,000

4. bespoke

bespoke

i agree

5. inomad

inomad

Thank you.
    I dare to ask also, if you would use all BP at every trade (or most of it) or you plan to use 25 %(or other percent) for each trade and eventually use the rest if needed .
    I know this answer depends on each particular trader or his strategy , but I would appreciate any advice

6. Are you already consistently successful, ie are you up net over commish for a decent amount of time (~3 months)?

7. inomad

inomad

yes, but it's like a level I can't pass and overtrade....
    that's why I'm asking....maybe I try to much and I don't have enough BP.....

8. Well, if you already have a consistent approach, a BP increase sounds like what you need. My suggestion is to forget about shooting for a $$$ figure right now and just increase your BP and trade like you have been but just with a bit more size and see how that works for you.

9. bespoke

bespoke

Well I work prop so I don't run into that problem because I'm given more BP than I would need 99% of the time. Nothing worse than missing a good opportunity because you are lacking BP.

I don't trade positions based on BP, I trade based on risk.

10. Having a shitload of enveloping bids .50 away from the inside market getting filled seconds before a stock gets halted on terrible news is worse than missing a trade any day :D

#10     Aug 26, 2008