How much are you making trading NOW?? POLL

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NDQnCA, May 29, 2002.

1. Banjo

Banjo

Consistant trading, wether discretionary or systems based. Don't splatter yourself all over the mkt. Look for a small number of names that have decent price excursion and large volume. I trade NVDA and GE every day. Both can absorb 2-3k shares easily. Take the time to get to know your stocks, maybe you'll see something you don't like, drop it and find another. Do multiple trades. Scratches, small losses, small wins, big wins.

#11     May 30, 2002
  2. Yannis

Yannis

The real question is, how much do you get to keep after your wife and your daughter have a go at your bank account... :D

#12     May 30, 2002
  3. Yannis

Yannis

There are ways and means for one to achieve the top group...

For example, I always have a good breakfast before sitting down to trade :)

#13     May 30, 2002
  4. Yannis

Yannis

#14     May 30, 2002
  5. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

LOL :p

#15     May 30, 2002
  6. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

I doubt that many people will disclose their earnings in a public forum/survey. IMHO a good trader should be able to do well provided they are properly capitalized. This capitalization requirement is very important and I think that many people go into trading with inadequate starting capital. Provided that you have adequate capital and a consistant and disciplined approach you should do well, even in the current market. In another thread someone mentioned that they were doing 5K a week on a few trades: this number is feasible with a large capital position and a few smart and disciplined trades per week.

#16     May 30, 2002
  7. Donkell

Donkell

In this market I feel pretty good. Dumped BEAS for 11.19 around 7.45. Figured from 10.76 open that was probably all it was going to get without some catalyst, and I didn't expect any.

Don

#17     May 30, 2002
  8. NDQnCA

NDQnCA Guest

anyone else want to answer?? or share experiences??

#18     Jul 22, 2002
  9. Bono

Bono

How about losing trades ? Does anyone lose at all in here ? :)

#19     Jul 22, 2002
  10. PKJR

PKJR

Nah...statistically i guess 80% should be on losing end but not on ET..we are all here brilliant and we all know better then trader next to us!

#20     Jul 22, 2002