How $$$MR. MARKET$$$ made 22 consecutive profitable trades:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mrmarket, Jun 19, 2003.

1. The truth is, MrMarket is indeed doing some "selling" here.

His is selling himself to himself. Or at least trying to. Desperate for attention, he comes here and tells everyone how great he is. Why? Obviously he has a HUGE need to compensate for his lack of self esteem (which is understandable...imagine looking in the mirror and seeing the "missing link"...evolution failed MrMarket:))

MrMarket tries to get everyone to look at how well he has faired in some "hot or not" poll on some site for pathetic losers. But as has been observed by someone here, the guy logs on every few minutes...obviously to vote for himself.

In all seriousness, the truth is that MrMarket, even if he is everything he says he is (which is very suspect at the least), has nothing to contribute to a message board for professional traders. What he does (if he actually does it) is fine for investing. But very few of us here have any need for his methods. There are mutual funds and unit trusts that we can use for our IRA and UGMA accounts. If we have enough money, we are in fixed income for the long term (Preservation of wealth).

We can all do our own fundamental analysis and pick stocks to buy and hold. Hell, just buying and holding an index fund will likely (I would bet heavily on it) outperform MrMarket's "portfolio"over a substantial period of time (5-10 years or more). MrMarket does not seem to acknowledge that fundamentals DO change. Holding losers forever is a deadly mistake. Totally unprofessional.

What in the world does MrMarket have to do with trading? Why does he feel the need to haunt this site? Does MrMarket know what shorting a stock is? Or even what a buy-write is? He has admitted he is not a licensed securities person, which would imply that his true knowledge of trading is certainly less than that of the average ET member.

As for he 5 million (or whatever) consecutive winning trades and his statement "cutting losses is for losers", I would love nothing more than to play poker with this guy!!!

Peace,
    :)RS

#31     Jul 3, 2003

2. He is just trying to pump up the value of his stocks, so he can make enough money to finish the electrolysis job......

[​IMG]

Gee, can you imagine how gross performing hair removal on a guy like mrmarket is?

#32     Jul 3, 2003
  3. No, if you use marked to the market closing prices, then you HAVE to do the same with your losers (which you don't do...the losers don't seem to count in your fantasy world).

As of now, the best BID is 35.12. So don't go by yesterday's closing price (you are now a mutual fund?...hahahaha). Also, even last trade price is meaningless. Only the best BID, one you can actually get FILLED at matters if you are long the stock.

Get a series 7, or trade for a living like the majority of us here, and you MAY learn what I am talking about.

Besides, trade a stock like SSYS, and buy 1 share at the market right at the close, and with a stock that thin, you can "paint the tape" with just one share. Of course "painting the tape" is something else you would not be familiar with. But it certainly can enhance your end of the day "value" the way you calculate your "outstanding performance". Of course you have an advantage here. No one cares about what you do, so you can violate this rule and get away with it easily. Try doing it with a "real stock" and try "advertising" your results the way you do in a world that gives a damn about your performance, and you will be in serious trouble.

That is the good thing about being a blowhard amateur. You can do and say whatever you want. And nobody cares. A good way to stay out of trouble. And stroke your ego, which is what it is all about anyway.

Peace,
    :)RS

#33     Jul 3, 2003
  4. #34     Jul 5, 2003
  5. Now SSYS is at 38.00 I am up 13.9% on this trade. Talk all you want. I am clearly superior to you.

#35     Jul 7, 2003

6. HOW MANY SHARES DID YOU BUY!!!!!!:confused:

#36     Jul 7, 2003

7. Narcissism (N)

The trait of narcissism is noted to be less labile than that of aggression. The innate stereotypic acts associated with the trait include flaunting body posturing, expansive arm gestures, bowing, colorful self-adornment, and a natural attraction to the limelight of personal recognition. Individuals of the pure N type are competitive but non-aggressive in their strivings for recognition. The trait corresponds to a striving for ~glory~ in one's environment, hence is the second main component of human ambition. In a pejorative connotation the unbridled trait of narcissism may reveal itself in the context of conceit, exhibitionism, vanity and messianism. An associated innate facial expression is the radiant gingival smile (broadly exposing gums and teeth). The facial complexion tends toward blood red or ruddy in individuals of light skin color. Hallmarks of the trait include blushing, flushing, and a second mass discharge of the autonomic nervous system: the ~narcissistic rage~ of defense and withdrawal. During the expression of this rage the normally sanguine complexion becomes even more florid.

http://www.homestead.com/narcissism/

#37     Jul 7, 2003
  8. how many shares do you typically buy? Although you have had a god run ( that is undeniable), i don't think a 15% return on small position is that impressive.....it also affords you the ability to hold the losers a like you do because you only have a very minimal down side....However , if you are buying 1000 share blocks, you should be rolling in the dough,....BUT on the other hand , holding the losers on a 1000 share block of a 30. stock is crazy.:confused:

#38     Jul 7, 2003
  9. MrMarket,

Have you been barred from posting your picks here? WTF is going on?

#39     Jul 7, 2003
  10. Looks like it...I just posted about my 26th consecutive profitable trade and the thread was deleted. I guess these big swinging traders can't handle that I am clearly superior to them.

#40     Jul 7, 2003