How many Zanger-type traders here?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by alexm, Jul 29, 2006.

1. alexm

alexm

Just wondering how many people trade like Dan Zanger, whom I believe has got to be one of the most influential traders that has come out in the last 50 years.

Of course we're not really in a Zanger-type market right now so this is probably not a good time to ask this but still, just wondering.

2. omniscient

omniscient Guest

3. we absolutely are.

i would consider myself zanger-like. I swing trade and often go balls out(full leverage) on a handfull of positions.

Because of my inexperience i've had my ass handed to me a few times this year - but I still have cash, and more importantly, leverage. :cool: :cool:

I've recently returned to trading based on TA - which worked so well for me last year, thus i'd say i'm even more zanger-like now.

edit: i'm up 95% from this time last week - the joys/pains of trading options... :D :cool: :cool:

4. alexm

alexm

tx a lot, sorry, didn't know there was another thread.

5. alexm

alexm

Since I hear that Zanger is down about 10% ytd I would venture to reaffirm what I said earlier about this not being a Zanger-like market right now.... there really aren't any leaders left in the market right now that are in accord to his standards. I bet he's mostly in cash right now or has a bit of money in the oils

6. thing is - thought i would say we have similar styles, from what i've know of him, we trade different issues, and still have different entries and exists.

for what it's worth - his style is perfectly suited for my psychology. find something that fits your personality and you can trade in any market condition.

7. alexm

alexm

Very well said. Now let's close this thread as I see there was another one addressing similar issues.