How many years does it take for one to learn the forex trading?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Garett Sim, Jan 31, 2018.

1. fx$esm23

fx$esm23

As per me there is no hard and fast rule of time to learn Forex trading. It depends on your willingness, enthusiasm and consistency in the efforts. it is quite simple, the more you will put efforts, early you will learn.

#11     Jul 2, 2018
  2. True that. A healthy mental balance is required to trade profitably.

#12     Jul 2, 2018
    uni@trader likes this.
  3. padutrader

padutrader

i have never come across anybody who trades for a living, and i have been in this business for 30 years, who has said,'i started trading and in a few days i was making a living. most have said it takes a long time....i have heard ten years the most often.
    It is possible that you could buy a profitable expert advisor or automated system but because most systems are frauds you would end up losing huge amounts of money trying out even 10 of those systems.
    if you take a mentor,if he is profitable, then it would take you 3-7 years to get confidence in his system.but a profitable trader probably will have time or energy to mentor anyone,since he needs time to enjoy his life and money and even here 90% are frauds and by the time you find out who is who they would have bled you almost to death.
    The only advantage in forex is that you can trade with 5-10 usd so if you do that you will lose very little at a time.if you a trade stocks you will end up blowing 5000 usd at a time in a few days

#13     Jul 2, 2018
  4. padutrader

padutrader

The forex market is not like the stock market
    The difference is that mid term movements are more driven by governments' whims and fancies,not all which is open or clear even to the governments themselves. you could read this book if you want to know how complex the forex market is b.png

#14     Jul 2, 2018
  5. Mifar

Mifar

I think it depends on your devotion level that how much time you can afford to give to the learning sources. It is also dependent on the approach with which you tackle the market. A longterm trader always learn quickly due to his mentality. Thank you!

#15     Jul 20, 2018
  6. In order to be profitable in forex you have to first learn the ropes. And that takes time, more so if you are a slow learner. I would say that there is no need to hurry. Don't compare yourself with others' progress and success. Be patient, consistent, dedicated; work hard and in time you'll see you have mastered the art of forex trading. But nobody can give a definite figure to your question. 1 year, 3 years, 10 years...? Who knows? At the end of the day it will depend on your abilities and aptitude

#16     Aug 6, 2018
  7. All of them...

#17     Aug 6, 2018
  8. Well I agree with that 100%! A committed approach to forex can make you grasp the essentialities of forex quicker and better than others. However there's something new to learn everyday even after you have become an expert trader. Forex (and life!) never fail to surprise you. They'll be times when you'll wonder to yourself "whoa!! I didn't know that".

#18     Aug 7, 2018
  9. It has taken me a decade to learn how to lose money in Forex:wtf:

#19     Aug 8, 2018
  10. GazFx

GazFx

I began trading FX in 2007. I've been profitable for approximately the last two years. Only took me 9 years!

#20     Aug 11, 2018