How many unemployed do you know?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dividend, Oct 20, 2009.

1. How many unemployed do I know? Tons. This is a depression, not a recession. Go ahead and lie to yourself, if you like... keep the news tuned to the happy-talk station.

Do the research of how our condition is worse than 1873 and 1929. Or just stay spoon-fed. Doesn't affect me either way.

#51     Oct 22, 2009
  2. a few and others are sh** scared they are going to be next. It's not improving. Every time i go into the ity it looks like more and more shops are closing down.

Everyone seems to trying to cut costs down as much as possible.

It looks pretty bleak.
    --------------------------------------------------
    UK economy still in recession (aint that the truth!)

The British economy has shrunk for a sixth successive quarter, dashing recession recovery hopes.

#52     Oct 23, 2009
  3. PEORIA, Ill. (AP) -- Caterpillar Inc. said Monday about 2,500 laid-off employees will be permanently cut from the company and 550 others will be brought back to work by the end of next year.

That my friends will be par for the course. Of those laid off maybe 20%, tops, will be called back and it will be a slow grind. Sorry folks, but this jobless recovery has no more chance of working than the preceeding bubble did. This economy as it stands is completely unsustainable.

#53     Oct 26, 2009
  4. drcha

drcha

We have been doing some hiring at the company I work for...we are getting hundreds of resumes. A few years ago we were struggling to find any qualified people, sometimes waiting months to hire one person. Now we have our pick of numerous very qualified or even overqualified people for every position.

I live not in, but two blocks from, a neighborhood of 2-3 million dollar homes. I just took a walk over there the other day and saw three that appear to be vacant. I wonder if they were foreclosures or not.

#54     Oct 27, 2009