How many trades per day for you guys? (Today)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kastro_316, May 9, 2005.

1. i believe that you do make a gajillion trades a day, buy 10 LCDs at a pop, and manage a group, but the way you jump at every chance to bring them up is boastful. it's not characteristic of the level of professionalism you try so hard to convey

it's my own weakness that i choose to point that out instead of rolling my eyes as others do. really i'm just sick of reading it again and again

#41     May 9, 2005
  2. I "load the boat" in the DAX, YM and ER2. :) I only "load" in the YM or ER2 if there is still volatility in the market after Eurex closes or if I feel I can take something out of the market in the afternoon (in other words, the risk/reward is there).

I find that these days, I have to hit one or two moves hard and then just cut size and trade lightly the rest of the time. The products I trade must be somewhat thin and volatile.

#42     May 9, 2005
  3. Visaria

Visaria

Sounds pretty exciting. In comparison, I trade about 10-20 times a MONTH! (didn't trade today)

#43     May 9, 2005
  4. r-in

r-in

Futures, curious, and if you'd rather pm answers that'd be fine, or if not at all, thats ok too. How many traders do you have and are they trading the same methods as you , or do they trade their own? Do you do the training , or expect people to be ready to trade from day 1? Thanks

#44     May 9, 2005

5. My native language isn't english; so perhaps sometimes my message comes over in a different way than what was meant.
    I don't have a journal because i don't want to give away the system i trade. So a journal is useless if you don't know the system is being traded. All you would get is entry- and exitpoints.

I daytrade as a trendfollower in multiple time frames in ES.
    I do 2-3 trades a day on average.
    I traded Forex for 5 years and afterwards futures for 10 years. I have been registered as CTA and managed money for clients from a very big US broker.

#45     May 9, 2005
  6. Hmmm. Thanks for point that out. Didn't realize it was boastful. I state these things to validate my input. I would be happy to look over the posts you find conveying my boastfulness.

So what kind of hardware do you use to see when others are rolling their eyes? :)

I think it makes sense to state your background or perspective when offering advice or comment. This is why I state it. Your post is the first that states that it is offensive.

Your weakness is certainly serving the other members of ET by point out corrective actions that I should take. Very kind of you.

Just to correct you, I don't make a gajillion trades a day (just 73 today, in fact). I bought 18 19" LCD's for the traders when I set up my office in Chicago (I only use 6 for my own setup... which reminds me I was planning to post a picture in that thread on setups).

I have been stating to others lately that I really should stop posting here. I enjoy helping out, but I find posters like you many others serve no purpose but to try to provoke an argument wherever possible. This takes up too much time anyway.

I suggest something that was suggested to me before: Use the Ignore feature. You won't see my posts and won't get eye strain from rolling them so much.

In any case, I hope your trading desires get fulfilled.

#46     May 9, 2005
  7. Do you have multiple systems/plans or do you just not trade when we have a range-bound day? Do you discuss any aspects of your methodology on ET that I might be able to refer to?

I bet there are a lot of golden nuggets that you have picked up over the years by trading two entirely different markets (futures/forex). I'm looking for that kind of diversity now, so that I'm not relying on scalping as my only game.

#47     May 9, 2005
  8. Learner

Learner

today, 3 trades on DAX future, 2 shorts 1 long; 1 short trade on YM.

All wining trades

#48     May 9, 2005
  9. I have only one system, the best i could create with the abilities i have. I can trade every day, even on a range-bound day. I always take a full position. I also stand aside if i don't see anything at all or if i have to wait for a signal to come. I have always a 2 points stop ( stopped out less then 10% of the trades).
    I don't use any standard indicators, my system is based on the calculus of probabilities. These calculations are representent graphically, just like indicators.

For example today: the trend for me was long so long at 1172 (9.45 exchange time) and out at 1178.25 at 13.03 exchange time.
    Long again at 1175.75 at 14.15 exchange time and out just before the close at 1179.50 at 14.58 exchange time.
    Just trying to take the maximum move WITH the trend, never against the trend.

I like futures more than Forex. More trending to me and no problem with interventions from central banks.

#49     May 9, 2005
  10. i love seeing all of the different ways to make money on this sight. personally i have been short the bonds @115.02 took off 1/2 of my positition on Fri and now sitting. Same with the aussie dollar short from 77.90 closed 1/2@ 77.40 I trade pretty much every market depending on the set ups and cot data.

I find I am impulsive so better to put the trades on and sit. letting my weakness dictate my trading

#50     May 9, 2005