How many trades per day for you guys? (Today)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kastro_316, May 9, 2005.

1. Well done. That's how we all started. Have a good risk plan and treat your trading as a business and you will be big fish one day (although I think the water is getting more and more polluted). :)

#31     May 9, 2005
  2. Spike. I would be very interested in finding out what you trade, your style and methodology. Do you keep a journal here?

I would love to learn about what others are doing. That was the original purpose behind coming to ET in the first place.

#32     May 9, 2005
  3. For the average trader on this site it is better to give advice about "normal" ways of trading. You cannot compare your or Paul Rotter's position with the average trader. Newbies might get the wrong impression with all the consequences. I think your position, your skills and your infrastructure are nowhere near to the average trader. Newbies should keep that in mind.
    You are in an exceptional position. It's like comparing Armstrong with someone who bicycles 20 miles every sundaymorning.

#33     May 9, 2005
  4. I already explained in several different threads what i do and how i trade.
    After 15 years of daytrading i don't feel the need anymore to proof what i can and what i cannot.
    But i don't mind explaining in general how i proceed.

#34     May 9, 2005
  5. FT71, What do you trade? I remember you trade the DAX I think but what else do you scalp with size? I just got started with the Russell last month. Thanks for your posts.

:cool:

#35     May 9, 2005
  6. Normal? Most traders go bust following advice, normal or otherwise (and not following it too I suppose). What's my point this time? Heck if I know. Just newbies should question any advice from anonymous donors.

#36     May 9, 2005
  7. 3 roundtrips

#37     May 9, 2005
  8. Totally agree. My tone is not argumentative; I hope you didn't get the impression that I was arguing with you. I'm truly interested in what others do. It is the reason I'm on ET.

You are absolutely correct. I try to define my position relative to my comments so that it is not misunderstood. This is really the reason why I talked about doing a journal, but never did. Just like this thread, it attracts the wrong attention.

I don't believe that it is wise for others to try to "punch holes" in someone comments. Afterall, the beauty of this site is when it attracts the full spectrum of traders. Those who paper trade, spread, ag trade, arb, scalp, swing, position or whatever. I find that I'm less and less inclined to comment.

#38     May 9, 2005
  9. 2 roundtrips; just closed the second one.

#39     May 9, 2005
  10. Again, I think you perceive the wrong tone in my message. I was just curious if you had any info on what you do in an existing thread (ie. journals). I'm always looking for those posters on ET who like to share their ideas. Like I said, I was not argumentative. I don't argue. It is a waste of time.

#40     May 9, 2005