How many trades per day for you guys? (Today)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kastro_316, May 9, 2005.

1. but it does give you something to brag to newbs about. given how often he mentions it, it appears to feel very good to say. don't discount that benefit

#21     May 9, 2005
  2. My point was just that newbies shouldn't see a pretty saying and assume it is the key to becoming successful. For every trading related saying there is generally an equal and opposite saying that is just as correct.

#22     May 9, 2005
  3. spike 500 is 100% right. when somebody comes on here and says they traded 1000 times aday they're impressed. now i like futures 71 and i think he's very honest but you msut remember he has a very small commision as he's a a seat member i belive. take a retail guy at $4 rt and try trading 600 times a day you're wiped out silly in a week or 2. i traded stocks 1500 times a day for 3 years and the quality of life sucks. one's better trading 10-20 times ad ay and catching the moves. ina choppy market the avg person will do much better scaling

#23     May 9, 2005
  4. 100% right?

#24     May 9, 2005
  5. Newbies will survive longer with my way of trading than with scalping in +100 trades a day.
    This is so even if it's posted in a pretty way.
    The way it is told doesn't change the value of what is said.

#25     May 9, 2005
  6. :p

#26     May 9, 2005
  7. I did 1 lot on the Bund today. Did an in and out and make a tick. I'm a big fish!

#27     May 9, 2005
  8. It all depends. Tell that to Paul Rotter who supposedly does 300k per day. It depends on your style, product, infrastructure, commission, etc. Without knowing those, your statement would not be valid.

#28     May 9, 2005
  9. Actually, I mention it when it is relevant.

Do you have an agenda? You seem to come want to disprove me for some reason. The fact is, I speak of what I do when it is relevant and I have spoken so much today because I'm not trading much. I never said that trading a lot is for everybody. I'm not a retail trader paying $3.42 per turn or whatever. I almost always qualify my comments by repeating that I'm a scalper.

Actually, it feels neither good nor bad. It just is. I have had great days just trading 200 contracts and some outstanding days trading over 2000. It just depends on the market. It is a fact, not a bragging point as you are trying to say.

In either case, you may comment as much as you like since we are all free to do so here. Say whatever makes you feel good. :)

#29     May 9, 2005
  10. Totally agree, Joeyata. You are perfectly correct. I often try to remember to reiterate that I'm a professional trader scalping volume through a direct clearer. My commission and cost is no where near retail. Scalping is not for everybody, obviously. I will be reaching a point soon where I would love to have a way to put on 10-20 trades a day and fulfill my goals.

Thanks for your kind remarks. I will always give an honest answer when I do answer. Otherwise, it is just a waste of time.

#30     May 9, 2005