How many trades/orders do you have working simultaneously?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Neoripley, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Neoripley

Neoripley

Hi, I'm not sure if this is in the right place - it's a newbie question :D . And I know how much you love noobies.
    I was just wondering what the general view is on day trading single or multiple instruments at the same time? Without prying - but just wondering how many traders day trade a basket of diversified stocks/instruments as opposed to concentrating on just one instrument like Index Futures, for example. I personally am trying to diversify and hold about half a dozen trades in stocks, futures, and possbily forex as well i.e. smaller positions in each as opposed to just the one larger position. I'm specifically referring to day trading but understand that diversifying over various time frames is also a way of spreading risk. Basically, guess what I'm asking is are there other traders that actually do this on a daily basis i.e. diversify their positions over different instruments and time frames? I'm not sure if this is really elementary or whether it's considered a more advanced strategy (and perhaps only suited to the very experienced i.e. is it manageable for a solo trader without an auto system?). thanks