How many trades do you make per day?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Baron, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I'm curious to know how many trades per day everybody is making these days. It seems like this is a daytrader's market so I would think that the trade per day average would be a little higher than during a strong uptrending market. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

2. Interesting stat. 186 views and only 29 votes as of the time of this post.:confused:

Bill

3. I voted and I'm more than 50+

but not sure if that is accurate as I tend to scale into /out of all my positions as I don't have ticket charges and trade anti trend.

When I trade anti trend --I have the greatest potential for reward when I first enter a trade and must enter with a huge position size. Later on as it moves into my favor the odds of it following through more and more decrease because the stocks trend long term is going the other way. To adjust for the lower odds I reduce my shares. I sometimes only do 4-9 trades a day in the morning but with scaling out it can easily turn into over 100 tickets from these trades. 100 shares here. 500 shares here, 300 shares there, and so on.

There are also times I will try to scalp a stock if I find it heavily overbought/oversold once or twice a day. I do not scalp though for the bid/offer.

I usually close out all my positions by the end of the day.

so I voted but also gave an explanation
    rtharp

4. KavMan

KavMan

Average 5 trades

5. Well, I had over 400 executions.

6. KavMan

KavMan

Holy shit

I responded to a thread from 2001
    Sorry I had another of this forum open viewing past threads and I thought this was a recent thread

7. You only responded - I friggin' voted.

8. That's nothing. I went back over every day of my last 2 years of trading, calculated my total amount of trades, divided by the amount of trading days (after calling my doctor and dentist to find out how many days I visited them over the last 2 years and checking my credit card bills to find out when I was on vacation), made adjustments for partial entries and exits, entered all the information in an excel spreadsheet, came up with a moving average of my trades and charted it. The answer was 42, but after doing all that I forgot what the question was.:mad:

9. omcate

omcate

I usually make 3 to 5 trades per week. That is less than one per day.

:p

:cool:

:D

10. How good trade setups do you find in a day??????:confused: :confused: :confused:

#10     Jan 10, 2003