How many traders here actually

Discussion in 'Trading' started by N.ShoreTrading, May 10, 2002.

1. Most traders trade out of prop firms, very few ever try doing it out of their house. Seems to me there is a whole different psychology involved.

#21     May 12, 2002
  2. bone

bone

Darkhorse: I refer you to NorthShore's third post. Doesn't sound like his first post at all. That's what frosted me. Quit putting words in his mouth... if he's going to be a big hedge fund manager he'll have to learn how to emerge from his happy little home-based trading home and run interference for himself.

Darkhorse and NorthShore, you are right about me - I'm an asshole. An angry asshole. I am so jealous of Macal425, I am blinded with rage.

#22     May 12, 2002

3. It may well be that there is arrogance in here, but if so I guess I just missed it.

Not calling names, just puzzled.

#23     May 12, 2002
  4. nitro

nitro

dark,

U play chess????!!

nitro

#24     May 12, 2002
  5. (manual typewriter burning up due to smoking keys)

Quite a visceral reaction to N. Shore...(could be major villain)

Lets see.....It was a stormy night in Gotham City, Mr. Bone stumbles out of a cybercafe into rainstorm streaming down his several day old stubbly face. He's shaking almost uncontrollably after his online run in with The Wannabe Hedge Fund Manager. This secretive and duplicitous trader who seduced him with a flashy website he'd rather forget, but strangely cannot. His 'slippage sense is still on' Danger is still out there and he's got to expose TWHFM for what he really is. The trauma of that experience released.........

Like Batman, who adopted a crime fighting persona

Boneman, a dedicated fighter of capital raisers and other people who seek to "get rich off of" unsuspecting traders.

Copyright 2002, Financial World Syndicate Inc. All rights reserved

#25     May 13, 2002
  6. nitro

nitro

When does the movie come out?

nitro

#26     May 13, 2002
  7. I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.

#27     May 13, 2002
  8. Eldredge

Eldredge

I trade my own retail account from home, and it's my only source of income. I have done a lot of things to make a living, and I probably like this the most - just hope I can keep making enough to live on and grow my account. I don't know anyone who trades his/her own account full time either. I would really like to know how others who trade full time alone are doing. It seems like every time someone starts a thread relating to financial success (or failure) it doesn't get much response. Oh well...

#28     May 13, 2002
  9. Neil

Neil

I thought that MOST of the people here would have been trading from home.. but that was just an impression I got from somewhere.. Maybe the prof ones just post more!

Darkhorse, ol don bright has been undergoing surgery it seems from another thread, but is now recovering and we should see him here again before too long..

since I took the P outa northshore's unlikely looking workspace.. where DOES he put his notebook??? I shall have to post a pic of mine.. now that'll really make you all laugh!!! Think 16th cent cottage.. rough plastered walls... cluttered desk with 3 monitors perched precariously amongst the coffee cups and nameless stuff.. chickens pottering around outside the tiny window.. the electronic cottage.. perfectly normal, I thought everyone was the same!

Neil

#29     May 13, 2002
  10. Miki

Miki

N.ShoreTading & darkhorse

The very second I stop trading part-time (read: found consistent profitable strategy) and start my home office full time trading – you’ll be first to know – I know I’ll be in the good company.

Good trading
    :)

#30     May 13, 2002