How many traders here actually

Discussion in 'Trading' started by N.ShoreTrading, May 10, 2002.

1. vinigar

vinigar

Trade form home...no other source of income.
    Do have plenty of sources for loss of income....ie golf, golf and golf....also wife, kids and grandkids.:D :D :D

#11     May 11, 2002
  2. here, as well as my web site, is to meet other traders, plain and simple. After trading for 4 years, I still haven't met any other full-time traders. I just think it would be great to form a "trading-buddy" group, not to discuss tips and stock plays, but to occasionally talk about the trader lifestyle, and such, with. Those of us whom derive 100% of our income from trading have to maintain such mental discipline, and constantly unravel the market puzzle to bring home the paycheck. Nobody else I know can relate, except for other full-time traders out there, and I do not think that there are that many of us left.

I am not trying to sell anything, or raise capital as some of you think. My hedge fund plans are not for another 10-15 years, my private trading income is plenty for me.

Anyone interested in chatting can email me at: northshoretrading@hotmail.com

#12     May 12, 2002

3. Northshore:

i'm in the same boat as you, though i'm a lot closer to hedge launch than 10-15 years (more like one or two). i have a handful of trader/industry friends but they are all long distance, i.e. closest one is 1,000 miles away

do you play chess? if so i'll send you an invite for a game on itsyourturn.com- move whenever its convenient, chat with each move etc.

send me PM if u like

#13     May 12, 2002
  4. PM sent.......

#14     May 12, 2002
  5. bone

bone

I just love these guys who "make plenty on their own", and "aren't looking for capital", but in the same breath say that they "want to start hedge funds" and have their own web sites.

Amazing.

If you want to trade others people money because you somehow think that's your road to wealth, just say so. Start your own hedge fund. What's stopping you?

#15     May 12, 2002

6. If you are talking to me, nothing is stopping me. Which is why I'm moving forward according to plan.

Why NOT run a small outfit and take on a few investors, unless you have already hit the size cap for your strategy?

Re N.Shores website, it looks kind of hacky but I didn't see the guy selling a course or a method anywhere. Why break his balls?

#16     May 12, 2002
  7. person who likes to start fights. I could care less what Bonehead thinks. I stated I don't want to start a fund for 10-15 years, does that sound like a plea for capital? I actually look at people who try to raise capital, or sell a "system", as traders whom can't sufficently trade their own accounts for a living. Hence, they must find other sources of income. Bone, if the web site bothers you so much, don't look at it.......

#17     May 12, 2002
  8. bone

bone

I bust your balls because you start a thread, and then it takes you three posts to finally tell the rest of us what you're really up to.

Look, I hope you succeed beyond your wildest dreams. Really. Why not start a thread by saying, "I've had x amount of success in y time, and I'd like to start a hedge fund. Any advice?"

Instead, you start a thread saying in effect, 'I'm making money, I don't get the idea that many of you guys are. I'd like to start my own club of moneymakers to swap stories with'. It just struck me as disingenuous.

#18     May 12, 2002
  9. :confused:

#19     May 12, 2002
  10. When he said "not many like me" i think he meant that there are not many guys trading from home full time. At least until recently, this place has been dominated by office based prop traders IMHO (speaking of which Don Bright has been strangely quiet lately?).

I also think the term "hedge fund" has a lot of bogus prestige attached to it. All it is, basically, is a legal structure so you can manage OPM aggressively without Uncle Sam being all over your nutsack. Not much more or less.

I think u might have just read it the wrong way

#20     May 12, 2002