How many traders have hands that hurt?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DagoTradin', Apr 30, 2003.

1. can you describe the pain? do both hurt? do they become discolored at all? do you use both hands on the mouse? how old are you?

#11     Apr 30, 2003
  2. I use to get pain from using a regular mouse too much.
    I switched to a, ergo trackball mouse with the buttons on the side.
    I use my thumb on the mian button.

Switching to an ergo keyboard also helped.

Pain free for years now.

I key and mouse 12+ hours a day.

peace

axeman

#12     Apr 30, 2003
  3. Swipe

Swipe

I feel your pain. I started having forearm pain since January this year. Makes me think it's time for a career change.

#13     Apr 30, 2003
  4. Automate?

#14     Apr 30, 2003
  5. its called carpal tunnel syndrome. many many law suits against employers have been filed on this very matter.

best,

surfer:)

#15     Apr 30, 2003
  6. gms

gms

Stop doing push-ups. You're bending your wrists for extended periods and putting all your weight on the joints. Save that torture for when you're making love, and switch your exercise to a weight-lift routine instead, doing curls to build/maintain biceps, for example.

#16     Apr 30, 2003
  7. Yup...and it should be taken seriously.

People who ignore the pain can cause
    serious damage, which can travel all the
    way up your arm.

If you have pain, SOLVE THE PROBLEM, or you could
    start losing the use of your limbs. No joke.

peace

axeman

#17     Apr 30, 2003
  8. *******
    Its awkward at first but that helps to use both hands equal time-12 hours a day average.

It's not a joke but the Active Trader Magazine cartoon last year or 2 mentioned praying in the trading room.

Most of my clicking pain was reduced by printing charts;lot less clicking even with more than 12 hours chart study.{Most of mine are over $5.00]

Noticed Praytorian2 went to small stocks with a larger trading time frame.
    :cool:

#18     May 2, 2003
  9. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from DagoTradin':

I try and get up every half hour and do some push-ups and stretches but my wrists and hands still have pain from trading, anyone have any suggestions to keep the pain to a min?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you hands or back hurt you should get a part time job working construction or loading trucks. I am being serious here the different movements in a real life situations will make you feel a whole lot better. The gym wont do it for to long. You probably never worked physically hard in your life and you muscles and tendons are not supporting your bone structure properly.

#19     May 2, 2003
  10. fan27

fan27

I developed carpal tunnel syndrome several months after starting a job where I was in front of a screen all day. I Resumed my swimming every other day and it went away and hasn't come back.

#20     May 2, 2003