How many times do you restart IB TWS per day?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by aeliodon, Feb 21, 2007.

1. That is the ugliest and most bizarre web site that I have seen since the 90s.

The guy needs to have his medication adjusted.

#41     Feb 26, 2007

2. problem with charts on browser-based tws still persisting...no body on candles.

#42     Feb 26, 2007
  3. xyannix

xyannix

I am having the same problem. It really sucks!!!!

Maybe their next release will fix it and screw something else up :)

I asked Cust Service and at first the retards in the general section told me I need Java 1.6 but I have the newest version and then I spoke with Tech Support and he said they are having problems with the charts.

I think from now on I should just select Tech Support chat because those guys at least know what they are talking about 90% of the time.

#43     Feb 26, 2007
  4. LOL yes. I would have ran, not walked, away except for the product recommendation.

#44     Feb 26, 2007
  5. Guys, GUYS !!! Give this great programmer a BREAK.
    He is doing everything himself....I know, I know...it's NOT a good idea. I told him about it....he should have a more professional-looking site, better docs, and a marketing manager.
    Let me re-iterate the benefits of Priority Master:
    1) permits you to assign REALTIME priority to trading apps, even Java-based ones as well as Excel and anything else of importance. Allows you to reduce unimportant apps to LOW priority.
    2) IT RETAINS the priority settings after reboot....no need to intervene everyday. It detects every app when they are started.
    3) As an option, it automatically temporarily BOOSTS priority of apps that are run in the foreground...for example Internet Explorer.
    4) It constantly monitors the state of the CPU....if utilization gets high...it reduces the REALTIME priority down to High or Normal.

Note: all of this functionality should have been built into Windows in the first place !

#45     Feb 26, 2007
  6. The sales pitch really caught my attention

"DON'T BE A TOTAL MORON. TRY THE FREE DEMO RIGHT NOW"

#46     Feb 26, 2007
  7. mokwit

mokwit

Thanks for the reminder of the Ctrl Alt R restart capability. VERY useful now as latest versions don't seem to reconnect the charting following disconnects or server reset.

Customers spoke, IB listened on this one.

WRT to the comments on the programmer website, the best programs come from the worst marketers and vice versa in my experience. the ones that were the most difficult to find are often the best, whereas generally the household names programs work backwards from an identified marketing niche, presumably using cheap coding methods.

#47     Feb 26, 2007
  8. Sorry to report, that I was going to see if Priority Master was worth using and will never get the chance.

First thing it did when I opened the main screen and moused over it was LOCK UP HARD.

I mean froze the box. I install all kinds of s*** on a regular basis and thats quite rare, almost unheard of. Maybe it wanted a reboot after install but I'm not fooling with it any further.

Heads up in case it happens to anyone else.

#48     Feb 26, 2007
  9. Well, looks like my good luck ran out.

I had to restart TWS several times today. Each time, an order gave me a magenta colored code, indicating uncertainty as to whether the order had executed or been cancelled. This time, unlike in the past, the CTRL-ALT-R reset feature did not work at all to clear any of the magenta order conditions. I had to restart TWS each time, in order to clear the magenta order. This was time consuming and interfered with my trading.

I hope they will eliminate this recurring magenta order problem, or at least fix it so that the reset hotkey will clear such orders, without any need to restart.

#49     Feb 27, 2007
  10. Thats weird ... suggests it was fighting something else. You may no longer care to try it but if you try it again with nothing going I'd be interested to know if it worked then.

#50     Feb 27, 2007