How many times do you restart IB TWS per day?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by aeliodon, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Browser-based trading platform ? You're asking for trouble IMHO.
    Ask anyone who's developed web pages....browsers are the most idiocyncratic pieces of software out there.

I'm running Win2k: much leaner and faster than Win/XP.

#31     Feb 23, 2007
  2. TWS isn't really browser-based unless you can't use Java Web Start for some reason and choose to run TWS as an applet.

In the ordinary case, the web page downloads a tiny file and launches java in a separate process, which then downloads (if they aren't already in java's cache) the java files and runs the application. After Java launches, you can even exit the browser without disturbing anything.

#32     Feb 23, 2007
  3. A big thanks SysWizard.

I've put TWS and my order entry front end on Real Time. SierraChart on High. And left everything else to fight it out (but with foreground Apps getting the auto-high) and its made them all more responsive.

I thought they were pretty good after I went to a Core2Duo 6600 but obviously windows was giving my java apps a pretty low priority.

#33     Feb 26, 2007
  4. notouch

notouch

TWS has suddenly started telling me that updates are available but when I try to update it tells me I'm running the latest version. Anyone else have this problem? Version 866.5.

#34     Feb 26, 2007
  5. The latest version is 867.4 (Feb 22) which I installed about half an hour ago (on Linux). Can't help you with Windows problem as I don't know what the installer does.

#35     Feb 26, 2007
  6. notouch

notouch

#36     Feb 26, 2007
  7. Yes, I experimented with that when I first saw the url above thanks notouch but its manual and has the potential to create system instability.

The good thing about this program are that each time your programs restart it dynamically allocates the priorities so you don't have to manually allocate. Also it raises the priority of the foreground window to high (if you choose).

It also monitors high priority programs and if they hog the system winds them back to achieve stability.

#37     Feb 26, 2007
  8. That's just great....I don't see how other traders using the fast moving DOM interfaces can even exist without Priority Master. It's a tremendous contribution to the windows utility world.

re: "...giving my java apps a pretty low priority"
    Remember: Bill Gates always HATED Java !
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was intentional.

Put-out the good word.

#38     Feb 26, 2007
  9. I have the same issue.

#39     Feb 26, 2007
  10. I get a "auto log off timer" that goes off everyday at the scheduled time that I have never been able to remove.

How did you do ?

#40     Feb 26, 2007