How many stocks can you cover per day?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qll, Jul 25, 2006.

1. I'm a position trader not a day trader. I came to this board because I plan on selling my business this year or next, and I might consider doing some day trading. I came here to begin to learn the ropes of day trading. I have made more than 20% per year for the last five years swing trading and position trading. That is better than the market, better than most, but certainly not as good as many people on this board.

I normally only trade from September thru February, but I will be trading in the next week or so as I feel we are about to have a large major decline.

It is not important for me to prove to a complete idiot what I make in the market. My accounts without margin consideration are seven figures. That's all the personal information you will ever get from me.

Keep up the good work. You are impressing everyone with your trading prowess.

#31     Jul 27, 2006
  2. Get yourself a couple of pupils, teach em how to apply your method and have em each watch 2-3 different stocks... if it works, repeat the process n times. :D

#32     Jul 27, 2006
  3. bsmeter

bsmeter

In that case you too need to STFU! You were doing ok till you opened your braggart pie hole. :D

#33     Jul 27, 2006
  4. I've heard the epxpression , "Don't sh** where you eat" , so you must be saying "Don't sit where you sh**"

#34     Jul 27, 2006

5. Yes, I trade STFU every day, it usually has good volume and trends well.

#35     Jul 27, 2006
  6. I watch around 50. More than that and i start getting confused and miss everything.

#36     Jul 27, 2006
  7. So you've increased your average daily traded stocks by 100% and your daily trade volume by what, 500% in the last few days?

Do you even understand why most daytraders (as in 99.9%) won't touch any stocks with daily volume below 25,000? I highly doubt it. Your trading profits (at $200,000 per year) are just now approaching your investing profits? So what are you making as an investor? A Sextillion-Quadrillion dollars?

12 hours difference with New York? You don't like Chinese goods, but you're in a timezone with a 12 hour difference from New York? English obviously isn't your first language, so you're not from Australia. So the answer to the riddle is you're either from the Philippines or Russia. You sound drunk, so you're probably either Russian or Irish, and seeing how Russia is the only one of the two that is in a twelve hour difference time zone, then my answer is you're Chinese, because you know first hand that you make shitty goods, you speak broke-ass english, you're a jackass that makes outlandish claims on ET that always seem to get called out, and your alt. handle is WmWaster. Am I good or what?

I took the summer off from trading (you know, busy earnings season and all), and I recently spent eight days in Hawaii, so I don't have any daily or weekly P/L's to post, but how about Net Worth (cash) in a Margin PDT account?

(NOTE: I uploaded an attachment, but I changed my mind about leaving it forever on the internet. I'm not positive someone couldn't undo my paintbrushing over the account number, like CSI kinda stuff. I don't want to have to worry about it. Several people did see it though...)

#37     Jul 28, 2006
  8. I took the summer off from trading (you know, busy earnings season and all), and I recently spent eight days in Hawaii, so I don't have any daily or weekly P/L's to post, but how about Net Worth (cash) in a Margin PDT account? [/QUOTE]

Going there Aug 11-22 myself, I can't wait.

#38     Jul 28, 2006
  9. A lot of people (including me) run fully automated trading systems. By "fully automated", I mean you don't even need to be present. It's relatively easy to implement using the brokerage firms that give you an API (application programming interface) to their system. Essentially, you write (or have someone to write) your own piece of software that uses your own trading strategies to retrieve quotes, place orders, and manage risk.

You may want to take a look at interactivebrokers.com and their API.

#39     Jul 28, 2006
  10. What, no Reply? No Retort? No witty comeback? No more crazy claims? Did you finally just give up? Tired of getting called out? Are you not even going to challenge what my Net Worth is? Or ask anyone who saw the attachment (before I removed it) how much it was? Are you still in that corner of your parents basement crying?

Unfortunately for you, the transparency of your claims are visible to everyone. You have nothing to defend.

PS: Your next step should be to go get a job.

#40     Jul 29, 2006