How many stocks can you cover per day?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qll, Jul 25, 2006.

1. I have three 22' monitors. Mayone only one is used for trading.

#11     Jul 26, 2006
  2. qll

qll

what i have found, we-human have limitations. and my limitation is at the low end.
    i wish to see somebody to post some small numbers like mine. i wish to scale, but maybe when i open more positions, the winning % will drop. if a program can help me, that could be different.

#12     Jul 26, 2006
  3. I trade anywheres from 5 to 20 different stocks in a day. If there is unusual volume on a stock you can bet that I am watching it, and more the likely trading it. If you don't have 10mm plus in BP why do you need to automate it? It seems like a waste of time and it wouldn't be worth it (commissions), unless your system doesn't generate that many signals.

#13     Jul 26, 2006
  4. cc2trade

cc2trade

if I were making 15k a day, I wouldn't be wasting my time here trying to convince other about what I did.

However, if I didn't, the B/S would flow.

Those that trade know it is intense, hard work, with profits and losses.

#14     Jul 26, 2006
  5. qll

qll

most of my signals are by EYES only
    this is a busy earning season. sometimes I need to trade 5 stocks per day, but I don't have the resource to manage them. i usually take $100k per trade, 2 open positions max per stock, so I can use $1M max. But I found once I am at 3 stocks, $600K level, I am also lost on my 15 inch screen. 3 charts, 3 level2, and 1 trading window. If I only manage 2 stocks per day, my winning % is 90%, if I manage 3 stocks, my winning % dropped to 75%.

i work long hours, reading earnings after 4:30pm by looking at activeis on after hour tradings, then pick the stocks i want to trade, then read their reports until 8pm, then next morning, prepare premarket before 7pm. I am working like 16 hours a day now.

I wan to improve, but I want to know if it is just me that so weak or others find ways to reduce their workload.
    1 buying software to automate
    2 buying hardware - more pcs, more screens, bigger screens.
    3 hiring cheap eyes to watch them for me
    4 set more alerts - my existing alerts are already a mess. i could not have time to turn them off.

#15     Jul 26, 2006
  6. Again, it is apparent that the BS is flowing. Busy earning season? The summer markets, during a bearish chop-a-long, is the busy earnings season? StFu.

You've made an average of $200,000 per year trading, and you've never branched out to three or four trades until now, and you trade with only a 15" monitor? There's nothing wrong with people trading from a small monitor, some beginners can't afford a 19" or two 15"ers, what I have a problem with is people who claim to make $200,000 a year trading an average of 2 days a week, then complaining about their 15" monitor not being big enough.

You're working 80 hours a week, you're thinking about hiring someone to help you watch one or two extra charts, for just two days a week, and the thought never crossed your mind to just add another monitor until now? BS. What the fuck is 1/800th of your yearly gross to spend on another decent monitor? Nothing. Fucking pennies for you, if you were what you claim to be.

You're not too old for daytrading, you're too fucking stupid. That and you're probably not yet old enough to apply for credit cards to take cash advances out on for trading capital. I have a recommendation... Move out of your parent's basement, and go get a real fucking job.

#16     Jul 27, 2006
  7. 500

#17     Jul 27, 2006
  8. jho

jho

:eek: LMFAO ... Thanks 2manywhiners for saying what we're all thinking.

#18     Jul 27, 2006
  9. Yesterday he made the following recommendation.

TRT did not have 1 share traded until about noon yesterday. It ended the day with 1200 shares traded. Today it traded 300 shares. Yes what a perfect stock for day trading. You could trade this up and down against yourself.:D

ACY same story. Traded 1200 shares today, and 0 yesterday. It's a SUPER stock so everyone PLEASE climb aboard before you miss out on this huge opportunity.

Thank you 2manywhiners for telling it like it is.

#19     Jul 27, 2006
  10. Yes, it's true. Many here at ET are the best in the business.

Many go on to careers at billion dollar hedge funds.

I didn't say they trade there, but look, someone has to clean the lavs.

[​IMG]

#20     Jul 27, 2006