How many rich guys fight in wars?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FRuiTY PeBBLe, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Your Chickenhawks link is highly misleading.

During the Viet Nam war era, not all able bodied straight young men were drafted. There was a lottery, and a large percentage of said men were never called upon for any sort of military duty.

#11     Mar 20, 2003
  2. Nolan

Nolan

I want the people who WANT to fight to be fighting right now, not a "rich kid" who would cry and not want to fight.

nolan

#12     Mar 20, 2003
  3. absolutely, I agree. and having never been drafted is not a disqualifier for later leadership.

but the amusing part of the link is that the majority of the public figures that have been most strenuously urging the waging of war have never seen it.

#13     Mar 20, 2003
  4. We've got a totally volunteer proffessional military now. The people that are out there chose to do it. There are doctors and dentists out there in the reserves giving up tens of thousands of dollars to help their country. I know millionaires that send their kids to west point and now their kids are over there right now and they aren't complaining !

Don't tell me that the poor are rounded up and forced to fight the wars, that is IRAQ'S MILITARY, not ours, and you will see which one surrenders.

#14     Mar 20, 2003
    #15     Mar 20, 2003
  6. TM -- Mr. Market has had enough... let's move on, shall we?

:D

#16     Mar 20, 2003

7. HOLY SHIT IT"S SADDAM!!!!!

#17     Mar 20, 2003