How many profitable Experts are there?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Fat, Oct 31, 2006.

1. ssblack

ssblack

Fat,

do you HONESTLY think that these are the best guys in the world with Expert Advisors???

several of my friends / colleagues and myself refused to enter this contest out of the fear that MetaQuotes would decompile our methods for their own use. If you think that these are the best there is, you've got another thing coming.

80 thousand dollars is NOTHING compared to the long-term rewards we've seen with our EA's, and there is no way we'd put that at risk with that crooked company MetaQuotes!!!

#11     Nov 2, 2006
  2. Fat

Fat

Ohhh, once again. :)
    Your fear, and fear of your friends - its just your business. You can say that your expert is just perfect everywhere, but you didnt prove that. The participants did and doing it, but not you and your friends. So we will name THREE BEST DEVELOPERS without regard to your opinion.

#12     Nov 2, 2006
  3. ssblack

ssblack

we've got nothing to prove to you, or a retarded contest for famed traders. all i care about is my bottom line, thank you very much!

and no, you complete idiot, i never said mine was perfect, nor anyone else's. i take losses every single day, so obviously not perfect. but it's also obviously worth more than risking it on a contest!

#13     Nov 2, 2006
  4. I'm gonna side with Mr. Black.

"Paper trading", like "play money" poker, is 100% meaningless.

You can use the term "virtual" if it sounds more important.

The optimal strategy used to win this type of contest...
    Would be ** suicidal ** to employ in real markets with real money.

So what is the point?
    No serious, pro trader would ever participate.

#14     Nov 3, 2006
  5. Kohanz

Kohanz

Fat, it's funny how you didn't repond to this argument, which is entirely correct in my opinion.

Are the participants being evaluated on their equity curves and drawdown, or just on the total earnings? Because basing the rankings on just total earnings with play money is a laughable contest.

#15     Nov 3, 2006
  6. ssblack

ssblack

It's based on total earnings. Funny, our EA's have not only annihilated the performance of those in the contest so far, but we don't buy and pray, we minimize risk first and make sure the programs do what they were designed to do.

So stupid! You could get lucky on a big trending market by using a silly moving average crossover method with a simple money management algorithm and be proclaimed the king of the mountain! But what happens in a congestion market to these kings?

MetaQuotes must be running out of crooks to sell their platform to, so they now must resort to holding a contest and trying to find valuable programs to snipe. Ridiculous!!!

Slow and steady wins the race...

#16     Nov 3, 2006
  7. Quick question:

Is this a Russian/Eastern European operation?

#17     Nov 3, 2006
  8. Bsmeter2,

Yes it is !

It is no secret anymore that MT4 was
    designed to service crooked brokers.

#18     Nov 3, 2006
  9. Fat

Fat

Kohanz, all the participants received 10k of virtual money. They have to increase their deposits till 25th of December. Three best expert developers will receive 80 grands (not virtual money).

If you got any questions, please read the rules first (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/rules).

#19     Nov 7, 2006
  10. Fat

Fat

funny, indeed:)

#20     Nov 7, 2006