How many points do you make!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by gmst, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Ah yes and i am trading since 4 years successfull.:)

Do you want to make a statistic with this thread here ???

Could be interesting.:)

#11     Jan 25, 2012
  2. I averaged just shy of 50 points / month trading ES in 2011. In 2010 it was just under 20 points / month.

Every year I've been improving.

#12     Jan 25, 2012
  3. gmst

gmst

How many points per month or even better if you can provide per annum ? Also, how many years trading experience ?

Thanks so much for your time!

#13     Jan 26, 2012
  4. gmst

gmst

Yes, thats the plan. If we can get 50 responses, it will be very meaningful.

No stock traders yet, common guys please report your winnings also. Thanks again.

Again, feel free to PM if you don't want to write down on this thread.

#14     Jan 26, 2012
  5. gmst

gmst

There are benefits of such data for everyone:

1. Relatively New career trader (0-3yrs): Can benchmark his performance vs the pros who have been on this game for years as well as allows benchmark against traders with similar experience. Can open new frontiers.

2. Well-Experienced trader (4-10 yrs): To those motivated enough, if they see their performance is right in top 5-10%, it might push them towards direction of managing money probably (CTA/CPO path). To those suffering from mid-career fatigue, the realization that they are getting behind might motivate them to re-focus and improve their game.

3. Veterans (10-30yrs or more): After having made their millions in the market, probably good to see that they are still on top of their game after 20 yrs! :)

So, post your stats Ladies and Gentlemen!

#15     Jan 26, 2012
  6. barely anyone on ET is profitable, and those that are don't post stats. After being around ET for years, I know you will not get any more reasonable posts

#16     Jan 26, 2012
  7. Agreed
    I am profitable but I won't share any more detail

#17     Jan 26, 2012
  8. gmst

gmst

I will partially agree with you that profitable posters might not want to post. Thats why I said please PM if you don't want to give information on the open forum. But over the years ET has had some very profitable and consistent posters like acrary, wave, maverick, lescor, ericP, dustin, ammo, volente, handle123 - who are profitable and trade for a living.

I think reluctance to post could be also because it needs a little bit of work (maybe 5-10 minutes) before someone can get the data anad then post it.

I will try to advertise this thread for next few days and see if I can get a bit more data. Being an optimist that I am :)

#18     Jan 26, 2012
  9. gmst

gmst

Ultimately, its your decision, but curious why not PM. Afterall, I am not asking for any proprietary trading signal/algorithm, nor am I asking to know your dollar pnl, I am just asking for pips(Fx), cents(stocks) and points(futures).

#19     Jan 26, 2012
  10. Good idea gmst; but the worst part is even with the people who do respond with stats, you have no idea how much of that is truth. So ok, say someone says he makes 100points in ES monthly with very little drawdown. Say you accept a few such entries which are false; what happens to your average calculations and stats? garbage in - garbage out.

So good idea. but wont work - unless you can get people to show you their tax records for the past x years. Now that you are not going to get :)

So forget about others.. just do as best as you can :)

-gariki

#20     Jan 26, 2012