How many points do you do on the NQ per DAY

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by arthus, Dec 13, 2003.

1. To the contrary....

I congratulate you on your results and was hoping you would share.

Michael B.

P.S I believe you :)

#21     Dec 13, 2003
  2. arthus

arthus

I do not trade . And I am not The longshot guy either... This was just a question to know what kind of returns people do on the NQ. I'm a newbie and I just want to learn about the markets.
    I apologize if this kind of question bothers some people.

HOW MANY POINTS I MEANT PER CONTRACT.

Thank you

#22     Dec 13, 2003
  3. arthus

arthus

I do not trade. And I am not The longshot guy either... This was just a question to know what kind of returns people do on the NQ. I'm a newbie and I just want to learn about the markets.
    I apologize if this kind of question bothers some people.

HOW MANY POINTS I MEANT PER CONTRACT.

Thank you

#23     Dec 13, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I don't think you're going to get what you want out of this, arthus, because few people are going to respond honestly. But even if they did, it wouldn't matter, because someone else's results are irrelevant.

If you don't trade, I don't know why you'd care. But if you're thinking about trading, rather than focus on the number of points per day, set a series of goals based on a percentage of the day's range. You'll be surprised at how little the of the range you must capture each day in order to achieve impressive results over time.

#24     Dec 13, 2003
    NQurious and fortydraws like this.
  5. arthus

arthus

Thanks for the advise dbphoenix
    I think you are right... Thanks anyways everybody.

#25     Dec 13, 2003
  6. ahh but then that's the rub isnt it... :)

#26     Dec 13, 2003
  7. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

These type of post are just plain stupid. How many ticks does on get trading NQs. I mean, to a pro that sounds fucking assnine.
    How many amatures are on this site......that should be the question.

I dont understand why a trader or a new trader or someone who wants to trade would ask this question. It is not relevant to trading, starting to trade or thinking about trading.

One should focuse on what he/she is going to use a platform to build upon in trading. What type of risk they can sustain, what type of trading style(intraday, swing, longer term) they want to incorporate. What psyc. fundementals they will try to adhear to.

However, trying to figuer out how many handels you should be able to get based on what other people are doing is just a waste of energy. THERE IS A LEARNING CURE, and it starts when you go live not when ur paper trading, THAT YOU MUST FIRST EXPERIENCE.

So, if ur truly looking to trade for a living, invest or whatever, worry about ur self. Worry about how you will handel the many situations that will be thrown at you when you go live. If you have what it takes to be a trader you will learn how many handles you can get in a move......how many YOU CAN GET....and that is all that counts.
    :confused:

#27     Dec 13, 2003
  8. ...ain't my thread, but I found it to be entertaining, which is about all you can hope for here. As for being stupid, if intelligence were a criterion there would be at most 20 posters and a short list of posts. IMO you were a bit harsh with Arthus. If he is a less-than-highly-experienced trader, he is stuck in the mode of trying to do fifty things perfectly and simultaneously, which is what profitable trading requires. IMO you learn those things one by one the hard way, spending money for each lesson. I think he just wanted to know how big the pot of gold at the end is. I wish I knew myself. In any event, I didn't see you share any specific wisdom. How 'bout it, Mr. Pro? Tell us Am's how it's done.

#28     Dec 13, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Given ertrader's complete lack of ability to spell, I have to wonder just how much he knows about learning curves . . . :p

#29     Dec 13, 2003
    fortydraws likes this.
  10. ...I could totally relate because that's how I post when I am dead drunk. As fat as I am, sitting on my butt all day, I found "assnine" to be very descriptive. Also, I sensed that there was the typing equivalent of subconscious automatic writing at work in places. If he offers a course on the "learning cure", I'm in! Cut him some slack, as he may well be a middle easterner (not the Atlantic seaboard) with his numerous references to the fabled city of Ur. If the epic of Gilgamesh has relevance to trading, I'm ready for it: "I grabbed the steaming monster (read NQ) by the throat and smote him with my mighty sword (read shorts at resistance)."

#30     Dec 13, 2003