How many pips/week is "Killing it" in FX?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by pipscooper, Oct 23, 2005.

How many pips of profit PER WEEK would you consider to be "killing it"?

1. Anything over breakeven.

22 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. 50

16 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. 100

21 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. 150

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  5. 200

19 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. 300

6 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. 400

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  8. 500 pips +

50 vote(s)
    34.7%
  1. Stopped 1.1862 but shorting again at 60 min bar statistical high.

Short EURUSD 1.1871 Stop 1.1881 Target 1.1848

#51     Dec 22, 2005
  2. Not falling away as fast as I'd like and getting calls. Out at 1.1862

3 Trades
    10 Pip Profit
    10 Pip Loss
    9 Pip Profit

#52     Dec 22, 2005
  3. traderob

traderob

Curious how you are catching those ticks right at the limit? My brokers- with their 3 pip spreads and usually a little wavering make it hard to time so exactly.
    Who is your broker?

#53     Dec 22, 2005
  4. R1 resistance levels

Short 1.1897 Stop 1.1907 Target 1.1880

#54     Dec 22, 2005
  5. Out 1.880

4 Trades
    Winner 10 Pips
    Loser 10 Pips
    Winner 9 Pips
    Winner 17 Pips

Total 3 for 4 and up 26 Pips

This last trade was PERFECT setup as it had R1 resistance, squat bar signal and our new Trend Reversal Signal. The second trade I took was emotional and wanted to make quick 20 pips to show our tools work. Shorting a thrust up flag pattern is almost always a dumb move and I paid for it! Still going down too but I knew I'd make 17 pips on last trade, could have made 27 if held a few more minutes. Don't be greedy, take multiple tiny profits and they add up. I'm done for today but just wanted to illustrate that 30 pips is not unreasonably hard to get. I feel I've done that.

#55     Dec 22, 2005
  6. traderob

traderob

Are you actually trading these or just looking at a chart. I run esignal forex and the spread on the INTERBANK was such that it never allowed for a 1.18970 short, let alone a typical broker who is shaving his extra pip or 3 profit. The green is the offer and red is bid.

#56     Dec 22, 2005
  7. #57     Dec 22, 2005
  8. ROFLMAO, you're so busted topgun. What a retard. Seriously why would you be peddling your wares on an internet site if you have software that works so well, surely you could make more trading. Also could you please answer roberk's question about the 3 pip spread?

Thanks

5yr

#58     Dec 22, 2005
  9. I was told by moderators to stop posting charts so I replied to his question with a link to the chart I used and it was obviously deleted. There are places to trade that have lower than 3 pip spreads, down to 1.5 actually. You're paying twice the spread. The last trade had a potential profit of 39 pips but I got out with 17. Even counting increase spreads how do you do the math that I got busted? I obviously proved my point with live calls. I not only made the calls but also predicted the last trade would go further than the others. I couldn't have been more right on and have had about a dozen people congratulate me on the calls.

My last trade was the high of today to within a pip or so and I posted it LIVE. If that makes me busted, calling the top of today's range than so be it! LOL I wouldn't have even posted trades if I didn't believe in our tools. They work, no question about it and I proved it today. I also took less than half of the profit out of that trade. I thought it would drift down to 1.1850 which is the pivot level but it moves so slow and I was busy doing other things. I made my point, took profit on last trade to finish this debate for good and was done. Believe me or not, I dare anybody to actually try our signals and tools and prove me wrong. I've already proved its not too hard to catch 30 pips a day and it was with just one currency and in about an hours time.

Remember my original post was to take 5 pips profit and 10 pips stop. I knew this was conservative and the Euro often makes 10+ pip moves. If you question it is possible to trade with YOUR broker and your higher pip spreads and catch the 10's you can NOT deny that on every trade I called out today catching 5 pips would have worked each and every time! 100% winning trades with only 5 pip profits.

The last trade was the highest probability of all with R1 as resistance, most of the FX dealers not raising their offers at the whole number 1.1900 and I got a squat sell and trend reversal sell signal. Four reasons to go short there and thats why on that and only that trade I raised my profit objective which was far short of how far it went. I caught 17 pips out of a 39 pip move. Just that one trade had more than enough room even counting your brokers wider spreads to silence this debate once and for all.

I'll be busy the rest of the day but will check back here tonight and answer any other questions.

#59     Dec 22, 2005

10. Thank you for your generous contributions to the industry. :D

#60     Dec 22, 2005