How many pips/week is "Killing it" in FX?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by pipscooper, Oct 23, 2005.

How many pips of profit PER WEEK would you consider to be "killing it"?

1. Anything over breakeven.

22 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. 50

16 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. 100

21 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. 150

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  5. 200

19 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. 300

6 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. 400

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  8. 500 pips +

50 vote(s)
    34.7%
  1. For short-term signals, mcuh better try a free service which does not allow 60-minite editing.

http://www.timertrac.com/Public/voluntary.asp

Q
    Medallion Tracking
    You provide your timing
    signals to us on a real-time
    voluntary basis.

* Ranked by TimerTrac.com. Our subscribers can view your performance as your buy/sell signals are recorded by us (We delay the most recent signal by a time period set by you).
    * Your own user/password to control information shown to subscribers.
    * Free use of the easily customizable TimerTrack Medallion for use on your web site or literature.
    * You can post to the "TimerTrac Broadcast" which subscribers and media receive as often as daily.
    * Links to your site available to subscribers.
    * Compete for "TopTimer" awards.
    * Sign-up to be Tracked! - It's FREE!
    UQ

#41     Dec 22, 2005
  2. I personally trade the S&P and Russell and have in the past not only posted a trading journal but also VIDEO taped my trading live. The videos are on our website as proof. I believe I am the only person ever on this board to do that. The currencies are often the most volatile during times I'm typically sleeping. I know guys who trade them and wake up frequently to take a look and place trades. Sorry, even though it is tempting to do this to prove it, I don't feel I need to. The software speaks for itself and anybody can verify my claims for free with a trial. I'm not going to lose sleep staying up 24 hours a day to catch all trades. Go ahead and prove me wrong using it and then publicly bash us. I challenge anybody to do this. I may consider doing this at the end of January when our Stocks and Commodities ad hits and I'm finished writing a free trading course (only about 30% done now). We do have plans to automate some of our strategies and when we get around to that will definitely post.

#42     Dec 22, 2005
  3. Does your question refer to an FX trader killing the market, or to a bucketshop FX brokerage killing the trader? Seems that the latter sort of killing occurs far more frequently.

I also think that "killing" is not the best word to use. It seems to me that a bucketshop FX its customers, rather than kills them.

Vampires were said, in some of the legends, occasionally to keep some victims alive and enslaved, as an ongoing source of blood on which to feed. I think that this model would be followed by the more forward-thinking bucketshops, in much the same way that the deadliest contagious diseases are not the most successful, because they destroy host species so thoroughly that they have nothing left to infect. Vampires also had a supernatural ability to control the minds of their victims, and to seduce them into their victimization, and this power reminds me of the power of bucketshops to feed on their own willing victims.

#43     Dec 22, 2005
  4. +1400% ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuchhh am lovin it.........oups am killin it....

Zico

#44     Dec 22, 2005
  5. As would be expected, the greedy and the frightened are hand in hand.
    jmho

#45     Dec 22, 2005
  6. Happened to still have Euro chart up and saw signal now so will take trade.

Short EURUSD 1.1854 Stop 1.1864 and Target 1.1844

#46     Dec 22, 2005
  7. Out, 10 pips profit in less than 10 mins.

#47     Dec 22, 2005
  8. traderob

traderob

What trading platform do you use?

#48     Dec 22, 2005
  9. Euro consolidating under pivot and just got a trend reversal signal which are about 65% accurate.

Short EURUSD 1.1852 Stop 1.1862 Target 1.1842

Because resistance is above us will take trade

#49     Dec 22, 2005
  10. For me everyone making 50 pips/week on a consistent basis is making a killing - because he/she can easily make more than he/she can spend.
    I know that there are people out there making a lot more, but it's not needed .... All I am trying is to get my money as stress-free as possible ;-).

Happy Trading,

fritz_haber

#50     Dec 22, 2005