How many pips/week is "Killing it" in FX?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by pipscooper, Oct 23, 2005.

How many pips of profit PER WEEK would you consider to be "killing it"?

1. Anything over breakeven.

22 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. 50

16 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. 100

21 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. 150

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  5. 200

19 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. 300

6 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. 400

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  8. 500 pips +

50 vote(s)
    34.7%
  1. How many net pips of profit per week would you consider to be "killing it"?

2. Either you assume it's total pips earned regardless of size, which makes it kinda pointless given how deep the market is, or it's pips per contract/unit per week, which makes the question equally, well, silly :)

3. as many as it takes for you not to get killed. :D

ks, gof

4. ozzy

ozzy

I would consider 300+ pips/contract/week killing it.

5. Quah

Quah

1 meeeelyon pips!

6. 30 PIP/DAY = AVERAGE +
    50 PIP/DAY=GOOD
    75 PIP/DAY=EXCELLENT
    100 PIP/DAY=KILLING IT

So thats 500/WEEK

Z CoMaNdAtOrE

7. nice signature, ZC.

ZfOrExSkALpEr

8. Yeah, I'd consider someone making 50 SP pts/week per contract killing it too, lol.

9. Hmm... 200? 500? I must be really scraping the bottom at this forex trading thing. How about twenty-seven? As in lowly 27 pips per week average P/L.

Combine that with startlingly low (many would say) leverage ranging from 4:1 to 9:1 (depending on the currency pair), and you'll have triple-digit, 100%+ returns this year, next year and every year. Putting the likes of Stevie Cohen and Monroe Trout to shame. With under 10% drawdowns, if you care about that sort of thing.

Do that for, say, 10 years, and you'll multiply your starting capital 1,000 times.

Of course, looking at the early poll results, that couldn't possibly qualify as "killing it." Too bad... just when I thought I was beginning to have a long shot at maybe some day getting the hang of it.

10. lately

lately

This all depends on risk... which also has a lot to do with timeframe.

If someone told me they made 500 pips the last week trading the cable on the weekly.. or daily for that matter, I'd be much more impressed off of someone who made 100 pips on the 1 min. with a 10 pip stop! There's a lot more money in it.

#10     Oct 23, 2005