How many people here actually make a living?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Crimson, Jul 16, 2009.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I saw an article about one trader that did the trick. He had exchange membership, black box collocation and access to insider info. After his interview in the market wizards, it had been revealed that he only made 47K in the second year, so I guess nobody on earth did it to date.

#31     Jul 17, 2009
  2. kxvid

kxvid

Rajeesh Gill has done it.. Most ETers think they are Rajeesh Gill just look at all the ambitious goals in the journal subforum.

#32     Jul 17, 2009
  3. A couple of ETers I know personally have made far more than 50K this week alone. They are very good at making high-probability directional bets, using some of their proprietary techniques.

Saying you can't make 50K is plain silly.

#33     Jul 17, 2009
  4. Especially when not taking capital size into account.

#34     Jul 17, 2009
  5. lol, to me this is the easy way out. You take the security of a pay check and stability.
    An aspiring trader takes risk, gets no pay check, have all the downside risk, has to struggle to develop and backtest strategies and must also handle the stress of trading. THAT is an effort. If you think getting a CFA is hard work and making an effort, that's a break to me. Stay in that cindrella castel cuz there's a war going on outside.

#35     Jul 17, 2009
  6. +1

#36     Jul 17, 2009
  7. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

This is a very naive post.

Certainly provides evidence to the entertainment nature of the board!

#37     Jul 17, 2009
  8. Eight

Eight

Huge, steady gains are perfectly doable trading index futs. Accounts can be opened and traded for a few hundred bucks. The ideas that it's not doable or it takes a lot of money are both bogus. The idea that it's easy and somebody can learn it in little time without somebody pointing the way is possibly completely bogus. Otoh I've seen people that could encounter new software and never touch the manual and be up and running in just seconds almost... I worked with one of those guys, he was astoundingly talented. I could struggle for days to get to a level he could have in minutes. Perhaps there are people that watch a market for a brief time and they can trade it...

#38     Jul 17, 2009
  9. You should know.... :D :D

#39     Jul 17, 2009
  10. WHat a joker. Huge gains are relative assclown. Try making a living with a few hundred dollars as you do eloquently intimate. Another papertrading market watching tiger

#40     Jul 17, 2009