How many of yuo learned on yuor own?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by trader56, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Nice article - thanks!

See a LOT of what I've been through in this!

#21     Nov 22, 2007
  2. Did yuo post on another forum as 'car key boi' or somthin like thuot?

#22     Nov 22, 2007
  3. I remember 'car key boi' from trade2win!

#23     Nov 22, 2007
  4. ammo

ammo

#24     Nov 22, 2007
  5. ammo

ammo

tried to pull out part of quote that said "trade on auto pilot when large risk reward is there" if youchart and study channels and trade those first ,at least twice a month it bounces off of those lines ,its a layup 80% of the time,if you have stops above or below your line when your wrong you can make money,or lose small 20% of time,once you've gotten that sort of backup income,you now have a safety net,you can progress to other layups that you become adept at,if you protect your capital with GOOD DISCIPLINE,the part of trading that still eludes me,you will survive ,if you can survive long enough you.ll prosper. That part of trading{drawing channels} was self taught and allowed me to survive and gave me time to learn.Ive also learned market profile thru trial and error and combine the 2 , the hardest part is watching the market and not trading because there arent any visible setups,11 am to 1pm central time ,i do a trade,it goes against me,im riding it and asking myself ,what time of day is it dumbass?,so discipline fails often in this time period.

#25     Nov 22, 2007
  6. Canados

Canados

I'm a selfmade trader. I met some top traders and they told me something about their trading style,however I never used those stuff beacuse I needed to find my own style. So, I continued studying charts and technical analysis. The most useful thing has been watching charts from 08:00 AM to 08:00 pm

#26     Nov 22, 2007
  7. hmmmm... which is the greater example, happily married or Jumbo shrimp...

In all fairness, maybe it should be referred to as super, duper jumbo shrimp :)

#27     Nov 22, 2007
  8. read read read, i always considered myself unemployable and anyway to make money that wasnt conventional appealed to me. look at charts, talk to people, and just started training. no school in the wor,ld beats just jumping in the ring and going for it

#28     Nov 22, 2007
  9. AAA30

AAA30

#29     Nov 22, 2007
  10. gaj

gaj

i'm self-taught - lots of reading (books then), trading, SI/yahoo msg boards (seriously on the latter) and picking out the few gems in the bunch...then time for me to learn my psychological makeup in regards to trading. and lots of time going through charts...

i'm still nowhere near as good as i can be in my little trading niche and it's taken me years to get to the point where i'm comfortable in my own (trading) shell, but there you have it.

#30     Nov 22, 2007