how many of you use "real deal tips" from institution "friends"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FutTrd, Nov 10, 2006.

do you ever get real deal tips

1. Yes I am lucky enough to get a real tip sometimes

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. NO I never got inside info, I don't need it anyway.

18 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. ==================
    Fut trader, where are you from????
    As far as real deal ''tips from friends'', institutional ;
    of course, the legal kind , why wouldnt any one take good advice from institutional people.

Actually the kind I am talking about doesnt have have anything to do with stock tips;
    but institutional info from friends in business

Wisdom is profitable to direct:cool:

murray TT

#21     Nov 10, 2006
  2. FutTrd

FutTrd

not that it matters but originally I am from Austria

original home of Hitler and Arnold :D

#22     Nov 10, 2006
  3. Danulous

Danulous

moderators should delete this thread if people aren't going to add substance

#23     Nov 10, 2006
  4. FutTrd

FutTrd

traders with fat accounts won't touch this thread with a stick

I am small fish, so I ain't afraid of nothin.

Look Elite Trader is forum on the world of trading. And we talk about everything and anything, but there is a side to this world which is never discussed by traders and that is tips from "friends"

I think a shitload of us do it, like Ozzy admitted himself.

I posted this thread cause I am sick and tired of idiotic threads that are posting the obvious. where is market going to go, who give any crap, true traders don't care.

I am glad that Newbies that come to ET can also get a glimpse of the UNdiscussed side of trading as well.

The world of politics if you will. I mentioned Don's name on purpose, hoping that he will brighten us because of his vast experience. But we won't get a peep out of him, and I doubt we will get a peep out of anybody who has
    good standing accounts.

oh and for suggestion that moderators erase this thread. PLLEASEEE I have seen crap on ET written by kids out of high school, and no one suggested that be erased.

maybe you have stuff to hide Danulous :cool:

BTW, I lied about everything, I just wanted to hear what people have to say about this subject.

I guess I'll go back to reading the stupidest threads that deal with making calls how high or low market will go.

I am also so sick and tired of discipline threads and how to be a good trader threads, I want to be challenged by new ideas, but ET is filled with new guys.

and guys that made it don't come to ET, they are busy sailing.

well I can't go just yet, need to build up account

#24     Nov 10, 2006
  5. FutTrd

FutTrd

oh by the way,

you guys in US if you don't want to be afraid to post things on ET,

maybe you should keep voting democrat

Just a thought

#25     Nov 10, 2006
  6. ozzy

ozzy

I will set the record straight. If you knew the amount of people who trade on inside information you would shit your pants. It all starts inside the company. People can't keep their mouth shut and information spreads like wildfire.

For example my Aunts husband is a VP at a big bank -- he finds out some big deal just happened and its gonna be announced in a week or so. I go and buy a shit load of stock and when news comes out I sell. This story is fictional of course and is in no way real.

This is how easy money is made and believe me there are a lot of ppl working this angle. Information arbitrage.

:cool:

#26     Nov 11, 2006