How many of you (small timeframe) traders take PA into account?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by halfwaythere, May 16, 2015.

Is PA a major deciding factor for you when placing a trade?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Trading small time frames (personally I trade 250tick/550tick NQ) charts do you pay much attention to candlesticks/price action and how they behave around certain areas that you deem important? Would you say this is crucial to becoming a successful trader? Where did you learn about it?

billcu likes this.
  2. Fundlord

Fundlord

I the super short term Its all about price action in my opinion. Nothing else will make you money in the short term apart from reading and feeling where the price is going.

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  3. Never. Price is the result not the cause. Study the cause.

IAS_LLC likes this.
  4. Autodidact

Autodidact

+Dislike.

monoid, VPhantom, Redneck and 3 others like this.
  5. Can u explain why? Seriously, im curious

6. i960

i960

Because everyone knows this already Surf.

VPhantom likes this.
  7. JTrades

JTrades

Lol!

8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Candle Sticks hell no, when they end / close is kinda irrelevant so candle sticks patterns are useless IMHO!

Momentum and joining it sensibly is where it's at, not watching it and trying to pick a direction change.

9. Im not following. Most traders lose money, knowing what everyone knows is a sure way to nowhere. The cause is why price moves. Once it moves, its too late to make a decision, which is seen on a price chart--- it seems illogical to focus on results rather than the cause.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    jl1575, OddTrader and IAS_LLC like this.
  10. i960

i960

Most traders don't necessarily lose money due to inability to understand price action, though.

#10     May 16, 2015
    VPhantom likes this.