How many of you save anything?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by andrasnm, Dec 26, 2005.

Do you save anything month to month?

1. Yes, I am very frugal

86 vote(s)
    73.5%
  2. No, I live for the moment and spend it like there is no tomorrow

13 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. I try to save but peer presure, spouse have ill effect

18 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Steve,

My wife is an enrolled agent(tax) and would be CPA candidate....
    You were missing my point - in bad times taxes can kill you if you have some medical or other expenses due to some event unforeseen.
    I have been running my own business for 17 years and I know many others who got a problem with the IRS due to poor cash management issues. Traders can befall into this very easily...

#11     Dec 27, 2005
  2. Yes, i did misunderstand your comment, sorry

I agree with you. You really do have to plan both your business structure and tax status well in advance. I guess I have been lucky in that respect.

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Steve

#12     Dec 27, 2005
  3. Cheese

Cheese

Well first off you must have legal tax avoidance in place. You need a modicum of starting capital.

And next you do not withdraw from your capital and gains. This is the one big difference that makes the difference. 'Trading for a living' as it is humorously called is a treadmill .. most often it leads to the end of your trading prospects. The only professional reason to be in the market is to make a killing and to keep doing it day in and day out. You capital growth has an increasing position size to match.
    :)

#13     Dec 27, 2005
  4. #14     Dec 27, 2005
  5. #15     Dec 27, 2005
  6. saving is a drug for me and highly addictive too.

#16     Dec 27, 2005
  7. #17     Dec 27, 2005
  8. man thats a rush. i used to race and i can tell you there is noting like the rush you get from putting a car to its limits.
    it doesnt look to safe for the spectators though.

#18     Dec 27, 2005
  9. Yes, i know i'm good.

:D

#19     Dec 27, 2005
  10. dam, i have been trading for a living in the market over ten years now. i didnt even know i was doing it all wrong. thanks for telling me.

#20     Dec 27, 2005