How many of you promised to stop trading and get a real job in 2009?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Jan 5, 2009.

1. I had quit trading and went with corporate america several years ago. imo corp jobs are more risky than trading from what I've seen.

You get hooked on the money, then 2 years later they sell your division. Your screwed either way, I'd rather go down swinging trading than going back and being a corp kissass.

That being said, all ways know where your lean is if you cant take the heat! :D

#11     Jan 7, 2009
  2. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

skip class and make a trade man.

do a trade while your in class with mobile trader man.

#12     Jan 7, 2009
  3. I can testify firsthand that this is true.

#13     Jan 7, 2009
  4. lol how is your value investing going? i bet you are feeling great on this low volume bear market rally. are you actually going to sell or are you in it for "the long haul'?

#14     Jan 7, 2009
  5. How many of you promised to stop trading and get a real job in 2009?

I promise to do the opposite! My trading is going well after three years of drama.

I'm my own boss, plumbing contractor with a laptop and wireless internet. I make time to trade before work and check in toward the end of the trading day, doing mostly overnight to one or two day long calls or puts, sometimes shares, all directional.

Sometimes I don't have to work, on those days I can daytrade. Have a desktop with dual 21"s at home for that. I can usually manage to get in a daytrade before work too.

Still the plan is to quit plumbing and trade fulltime if/when I reach my equity target this year, I am confident that it will work out. :cool:

#15     Jan 7, 2009
  6. Thanks guys I still want to finish college. I'm very embarrassed and ashamed. I might have to put trading aside while in school I cant say trading helped my academic career.

#16     Jan 7, 2009
  7. sumosam

sumosam

i have a real job but can basically come and go regarding the hours i work...i try to work non trading hours....have found you really need to just do one thing to become proficient.

i like the opportunity to vary what i do. sometimes trading sucks, so its nice to get away and do something else...especially something that involves helping others, and working with colleagues....but then that becomes frustrating, so its nice to return t o trading.

there are good times to trade and not so good times....nice to be able to pick and choose when you trade:D :D :D :D :D

#17     Jan 8, 2009
  8. pismo10

pismo10

ABSOLUTELY finish college, then you have some options.

#18     Jan 8, 2009
  9. pismo10

pismo10

Also, good luck finding a real job now.....

#19     Jan 8, 2009
  10. Good luck having profits daytrading!

#20     Jan 8, 2009