How many of you need to learn coding to work with data ?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Spikeet, Jun 14, 2022.

1. I could paste off a list of a dozen off google search, but I'm sure anyone who is that interested could do that for themselves.

I'm not going to list specific websites as I don't use any of them so no endorsement should be implied.

Unfollowing this thread - I've said my piece and as I said originally I'm really not your target user.

GAT

#41     Jun 16, 2022
    virtusa likes this.
  2. Spikeet

Spikeet

Again, am not trying to sell to you anything, just wanting to learn and educate the community, thats unlike you where you popped into the thread, plugged in yourself, mostly bashed, and a quick check of your profile shows you are selling services here, on diff threads w/o being a vendor

#42     Jun 16, 2022
  3. Really? What am I selling???

GAT

#43     Jun 16, 2022
  4. Sorry if it was perceived as bashing. I was genuinely trying to offer you advice. People on ET have a very low tolerance for thinly veiled sales tactics - maybe that isn't how you meant to come across, but it's certainly how I perceived it and I would imagine I am not the only one. Like I said I'm not your target customer, so feel free to ignore me.

GAT

#44     Jun 16, 2022
    apdxyk and cruisecontrol like this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Seriously?

Trading has been around a lot longer than programming.

#45     Jun 16, 2022
    spooz and Spikeet like this.
  6. I asked before but didn't get an answer: How do you even use the output of these data queries w/o knowing how to code?

If the target market is people who can't code, then the system needs to do everything for them including backtesting and trading.

As-is, I can't see this as anything but an overpriced SaaS middleware.

#46     Jun 16, 2022
  7. virtusa

virtusa

But nowadays if you wish to trade you need a computer. There has been a huge evolution in trading. Building indicators and programs became an essential part of trading. Without these things you are lost.

Many are already lost with programs and indicators.

#47     Jun 16, 2022
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Beg to differ, many still trade without programing.

#48     Jun 16, 2022
  9. virtusa

virtusa

Yes, I agree. Mostly those who never make any money.
    It is like going to war without helmet, body protection and with a simple gun that you even never used before.

Even lot of traders who know how to program never make any money. On ET there are more programmers than people who make money.

#49     Jun 16, 2022
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

You knows this how?

#50     Jun 16, 2022