How many of you make over 100k/day regularly day trading?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by kalikahuna, Jul 10, 2008.

1. that bs artist probably just wanted to impress your wife (and humiliate you in front of her)..........he probably makes that claim everytime he meets a girl

any jerkoff can have a nice house and a ferrari..........you can get a good deal on a house and only put up 20% down......u can buy a used ferrari.......all for 2 million.......the house gets paid off in 30 years and the ferrari gets paid off in 5 years.........all you need is an income of 300k/yr. to live this kind of lifestyle

but to claim 25 million a year.......that mofo better have a yacht, a plane on timeshare, a mansion, several luxury cars, and hot and horny bitches around him all the time

#41     Jul 11, 2008
  2. did you try scaling it up?

#42     Jul 11, 2008
  3. John Paulson pulled in 14.5 million a day average in 07.

Soros and Simons weren't too shabby either at $10 million a day.

#43     Jul 11, 2008
  4. ggoyal

ggoyal

And then only an idiot would think there are 365 trading days in a year,

#44     Jul 11, 2008
  5. I guess the message I wanted to provide was this

It is unlikely that a single retail trader sitting at a desk in a spare bedroom at home, would have the skills or the resources necessary to obtain that kind of performance :D

In my opinion, it can be done (that and more) but it requires some staff, the right skill set and the resources to maintain a consistent presence in the markets.

I guess it might give a trader something to shoot for, but realistically it would be like trying to compete with a good pro golfer. You can't get a hold of the same equipment he has, and even if you could, you probably don't have equivalent skills, and finally, since you don't practice as much as a good pro, you aren't going to be able to match that kind of play....see what I mean?

Good luck

Steve

#45     Jul 11, 2008
  6. A guy in the firm I traded at back in 2000 was doing something along these lines. He was up or down 250-500k every day, sometimes up a million. I suppose it averaged out at a good 100k. He had gotten so big, though, that it became more in the realm of swing trading, and he was just adding and subtracting from his positions on a daily basis.

#46     Jul 11, 2008
  7. joemiami

joemiami Guest

In my experience .... a person who really makes that kind of money like he says he does, doesnt need to impress others by announcing his daily results(income). Enough said....

#47     Jul 11, 2008
  8. FUCK THAT! Ask him to show you his TAX RETURNS. If he saids that is private info, tell him so is his anus

#48     Jul 11, 2008
  9. jem

jem

check the foreclosure lists.

#49     Jul 11, 2008
  10. If I was making 100k per day, Century City wouldn't be my first choice of residence. Seriously though, Kalikahuna are you from LA? Have you perhaps noticed that just a few of the people here are occasionally a wee bit bombastic and have a flair for hyperbole?

#50     Jul 12, 2008