How many of you make over 100k/day regularly day trading?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by kalikahuna, Jul 10, 2008.

1. That's pretty steep earnings. but doable.

What's his academic and work background?

You'd need a superior programmer type with superior analytical skills. Kind of like a Engineering/maths/Physics whiz working at Army Signals as a elite code breaker.

#11     Jul 10, 2008
  2. It just shows how long we have been on here when most wont get the joke. Check your PM's mate

#12     Jul 10, 2008
  3. I'd believe him if I were you cuz people in LA never lie to impress.

#13     Jul 10, 2008
  4. does he trade for himself or work for a firm? If he's trading for a large ibank or hedgefund then it's definitly possible, of course it's not "him" making 100k/day then.

But if you are telling me it's just some guy trading by himself, then 100k/day is crazy. What does he trade?

#14     Jul 10, 2008
  5. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

With automation it is possible.

#15     Jul 10, 2008
  6. I suspect anyone making $100k/day automated wouldn't tell a soul. Someone making $1mil/yr with $100k swing would probably tell anyone who would listen.

#16     Jul 10, 2008
  7. Here is the mother question that needs to be asked to anyone making or losing 100k per anytime frame:

What is your RFT's number and its attributes? Attributes are not easy to cover here, but let look at RFT's number.

RFT's number is equal to: (X*Y/Z)*P, where

X: proportion of winning to losing trade
    Y: reward (expressed in same units as Z)
    Z: risk (expressed in same units as Y)
    P: pace (inverse of holding time) expressed in (day)^(-1). For instance for holding of one year, P=1/360. If one day P=1, if half a day P=2.

The higher RFT's number, the better. Upper bound is infinity (obtained with Z=0, RFT's favorite trading method).

#17     Jul 10, 2008
  8. but if his account is $25 million than it's only $25 million per year whic his only 100% annual return.

If he can get 1000% annual return consisttently than he can be top 100 traders on trader's monthly.

#18     Jul 10, 2008
  9. ie. if you account was $50,000 making $50,000/year or 100% is easily possible.

making 1000% or $500,000 on a $50,000 account is possible too.

#19     Jul 10, 2008
  10. Listen everyone. Everyone makes $$$ on Elitetrader. There are billionaire fund managers on this board. Dont doubt it, they are here everyday making $$$. Only the best traders come to this board. Why isnt that believable?

The best advice I can give you is to worry about your own situation and not someone else's. Focus on improving what you drive and dont look at someone else's ride...

#20     Jul 10, 2008