How many of you are net short

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shadowtrader, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Just curious how many of you traders are net short (versus net long or neutral) these days.

I have been net short since before the markets started to go down in 4/2000. It was not a popular position back then, but I assume that it is more common now.

The press likes to blame a lot of things on shortseller but I don't think that we make up a significant portion of the volume out there. Seems that they attribute things to shortsellers whenever they can't figure out what's going on, which is quite often.

This thread is not intended to flame the passions of those who think shortselling is wrong. I just want to know how prevalent it is.

Best of luck in your trading, whichever way you do it!

2. Yes, I'm a bit short, but I got this confidential email on how I can make it long by taking some pills. I will let you know how it works.

3. peter77

peter77

All the comedians come out on the weekends.:)

4. I think the strong down trends are pretty much behind us. Now the market is entering the choppy, sideway phase. Most traders in my group are now equally short and long depending on the individual stock. Also, their stop loss points are a little tighter because of the increased volatility.

5. trade4me

trade4me

I am net short and have been for some time as well. I have posted some plays on the "QCOM is the next to Fall" thread. I would love to hear some of your plays. I also read on the "which is the best Direct access firm " thread that you will be opening an account with Prophet Trader. Good, I invited another poster who is opening an account also to join our little trading group during the day. The same goes for you as well. We always want more input going. PM me if you are interested.

I like QCOM short, and GCI right now, and looking for more.