How many of us ET traders are up or down this year?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Optionpro007, Aug 19, 2005.

So far this year, are you up or down ?

1. I am up !

131 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. I am down.

84 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. I took snapshots of the platform/sub accts - then opened those snapshots up so I could spraypaint out my personal account info at the top then took another snapshot(s).

they are what I posted.

If anyone thinks I used some photoshop software to dummy up the platform and insert those numbers, try to replicate what you're seeing.

Ask ElectricBuzzer if that is an OANDA live trading account.

In this case it's mine.

LMAO

#21     Aug 21, 2005
  2. and what kind of pizza do you order?

#22     Aug 21, 2005
  3. gkishot

gkishot

How dare we. You are professional graphic artist.

#23     Aug 21, 2005
  4. if I had 100 million... I would wake up every morning, log on to ET and post away.

Just like you Skalpz, I too would not have anything better to do... I mean post crap on ET is truly a soul filling experience.

F**k the 100 millon... I would live to post on ET just as you do Skalpz because really... that's just money... posting on ET... now THAT is trully living!
    :D

#24     Aug 21, 2005
  5. onions

onions

wow.. i have been trading for quite some time. been looking at this site for years... although i don't like to actually post on this site, i cannot help but post my 2 cents.. sKaLpZ could be the most repulsive individual i have ever witnessed on this site or possibly anywhere.. i hate to be negative but you really need to take that final step and jump... i saw your bank acct. congrats, you are a success.. is that what you were looking for??? looked at past posts, not much better... no wonder i have become so pessimistic. there is very little good out there...

#25     Aug 21, 2005
  6. ...well they suck this year so far....

guess I am one of the few that will say it.

hope my DRL gets to 20/share by years end so I can be even for the year!

I am pissed though...thursday I missed buy HAR.. I had my finger on the buy button at 95.10 at 10:05 am and chickened out as it was up 13/share for the day already and said no way this can continue up from here!!!!

Of course I wouldnt be needing to trade at all if I just kept my MXT, ACF from 2002!!!! damn it!

peace.

#26     Aug 21, 2005
  7. He tries hard at it....

#27     Aug 21, 2005

8. Innocent till proven guilty. You are the greatest trader in the history of humanity - a true Trading God.

(Somebody please debunk this guy. Do you know what the implications are if those are real #s? Scary.)

#28     Aug 21, 2005
  9. last year i was up 60 percent.....this year i am down 26 percent

#29     Aug 21, 2005
  10. sowterdad

sowterdad

When I look at my trading account-I feel like the commercial-

I recognize I only have myself to hold accountable- I'm a part-time swing trader,actively trading for a year+ (2000 didn't count IMO)
    and I got my butt kicked for starters by simply starting off the month with a group of trades, setting some more distant stops because I was getting whip=sawed prior month, and got caught with 3 gap downs on bad earnings. Feels good to vent!
    I had thought I was getting an edge by selecting trades that held a higher rating (msn stockscouter) 8-10 rated. as the entry qualifier. That's not necessarily any insurance in the market.
    On 15 trades , I find I'm down 10%-
    Tonight I'm in cash and licking my wounds.
    Lots of excuses- not enough time , consumed by regular hours job. etc.
    To any other "new trader" starting off-
    The only thing that has kept me from making a total disaster of my trading account , has been that I have recognized I am learning first,(still) and have tried to adopt a tight 10% position size and 1% or less position risk. as the maximum. I often chose less when I'm experimenting-particularly reducing size/risk to only 1/3 1/2 .
    I've had 150+ swing trades in the past year-some lasted 6 weeks, some 6 minutes.
    Going forward, I will likely cut the trade sooner than hope for longer term results.
    Good Luck- SD

#30     Aug 21, 2005