How many of us ET traders are up or down this year?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Optionpro007, Aug 19, 2005.

So far this year, are you up or down ?

1. I am up !

131 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. I am down.

84 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. I am curious to know how many of traders here at ET are doing well this year.

I think this year has been specially hard for macro-players like me. The markets seem to me like they have been trading six months back not six months forward.

Anyways, I am down. What about you ?

p.s. If you are even, then you are down. Based on the lost interest your capital could have earned in a market acct plus inflation.

2. I am up, up,UP..... account is in all time high:D but then again that isnt very hard considering i never really lost much in last 2 years.

3. Up 38%, net... would like to be near 45-50 though...

4. Wifey and I managed to eek out a small extra income this year from Options and Retail Spot Forex trading.

We pulled all of the profits out for a small down paym't on our new studio condo in Denver CO.

We have an additional personal loan that needs to be paid, and our plans are to pay it in 2006 from the anticipated trading profits.

Michael B.

5. lescor

lescor

I'm 25% ahead of the pace needed to reach my annual goal. At the current rate I should hit my target by the end of September. This includes taking about 3 weeks of vacation.

6. I am up about 65k so far, hoping to end the year btw 100k-110k.
    Hoping next year at this same time I can be up 110k and looking for 200k :D

7. I am down this year for the first time in my life. (trading equities over 11 years). I found this year to be the most difficult to trade since the starting gates in January. Cant seem to keep profits, make money one week loose it over the next using the same principals I use to make it. :confused:

8. NKNY

NKNY

Up 20.10 % for 2005...Currently flat but looking for long signal. this could change if we keep getting weaker.

Nick

9. rcj

rcj

Im a new trader, daytrade and swing. Equities only. Ive
    been trading 4 mos. Ive been using IB the last three.
    28K capital with very strict cash management which means i
    usually only have no more than about 12k in play at any
    moment. Lots of experimenting, learning.

Im UP.... ~515$ as of this wknd.

........... rj

10. Congrats on another great year! Continued success to you!

Mike

#10     Aug 21, 2005