How many of the Elite are short?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hairdresser, Oct 1, 2007.

1. There are a lot perpetually bearish members, but I don't think they are still holding short positions because crossing a certain threshold they are unable to continue losing money.

#11     Oct 2, 2007
  2. We're all at least 6' tall here on the Internet. (Welcome aboard, shorty.) And when we're not running our think tanks or hedge funds, or performing neurosurgery in our spare time, we're modelling underwear for Calvin Klein.
    :D

P.S. Heidi Klum says hello.

#12     Oct 2, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

here come the other excuses as to why stocks wont sell off between now and 2008

Start of an election year...

Bonuses have to be paid and the only way the greedy get bonuses is to prop up stocks until the end of 2007.

Plenty of money laying around on the sidelines.

Santa Clause Rally, cant forget that one...

#13     Oct 2, 2007
  4. "Santa Clause Rally, cant forget that one..."

Ahem (clearing throat) The politically correct term is seasonal rally.:eek:

#14     Oct 2, 2007
  5. not really. people has EGO.

#15     Oct 2, 2007
  6. I think stocks can sell of any day and any hour. The question is how do I make more money: Trying to time a 35% overnight equity market crash that might never come (and if it comes, will I be able to time it precisely?) or trading with less of a dogmatic belief and purely looking at price action?

#16     Oct 2, 2007
  7. gov

gov

How nice for you. I'm six feet and 8 inches. How nice for my wife. :D

#17     Oct 2, 2007
  8. I am TEN FEET TALL!!!

Yeah. I kick butt. :D

#18     Oct 2, 2007
  9. ETW77

ETW77

and I love the paper millionaires who lose most of their net worths when a market actually declines more than 10% off its highs. Last I looked the Nasdaq (which was a true mania)is still about 50% away from the March 2001 high.

#19     Oct 2, 2007
  10. Is 6' tall so hard to believe lol.... Its not like I said I manage $1 billion or run 15 hedge funds. Sorry if 6' threatens you but it is a common height lol :D

#20     Oct 2, 2007