How many nukes are we going to let NK build before we take them out?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 26, 2009.

1. A threat to who? China doesn't want war there anymore than we we do. The last thing they need is millions of refugees streaming across the Yalu.

#31     Jun 26, 2009
  2. Probably the biggest threat in the world. I read that he says, " we will rain nukes down on you". Wonder where Def Con or whatever the alerts called was set after that remark. I don't see how we can defend against a button being pushed somewhere and having it setup to launch everything. What are we going to do, invade? How long would it take to launch after they figure out
    they're being invaded? All the flexing, special ops and "we're the most powerful country in the world" isn't going prevent that. Wanna play poker with the lives of possibly millions? If they want to be communist, let em. Stop doing what we do to every third world country that wants to, starve them into submission. Lift sanctions and embargos then have China try to talk him down off the ledge.

#32     Jun 26, 2009
  3. The biggest threat is the US.

We are the only country to use nukes on another population. Someone should tell us what weapons we can and cannot have.

#33     Jun 26, 2009
  4. It's a total bluff. Take a Global and draw a Great Circle from Pyongyang to anywhere in the US, including Anchorage and Hawaii, it doesn't reach with NK's estimate technology. The Pacific Ocean is one gigantic body of water.

#34     Jun 26, 2009
  5. Maybe you're right. Missles won't reach this far. I'm not well informed enough in that area to know. There are posters here that are up on it. I can only consider, why would anyone have ever been concerned if that were true? Suitcase maybe?

#35     Jun 26, 2009
  6. Please tell me that you are not this DUMB.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/milita...ton_GatesHawaiimissiledefenseinplace_20090618

#36     Jun 26, 2009
  7. #37     Jun 26, 2009
  8. My guess is its basic game theory. Get one so isolated and devoid of a further move that that one become unpredictable.

Suitcase nukes are really in the realm of Clancy. Any Nuke device gives off a huge and loud signature. Any port in the world is scanning for that.

#38     Jun 26, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Now that we have a certified pussy in the White House, someone probably will.

#39     Jun 26, 2009
  10. Bush and Clinton paid N.Korea off to behave themselves ,Obama isn't paying them shit,So how is it that Obama is the pussy ?

Also lets not forget that Korea built their nukes while Bush and Clinton were president

#40     Jun 26, 2009