How many more white supremacists does ET need?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Frederick Foresight, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You do realize, of course, that you have now quite thoroughly publicized the content that you so vehemently object to, don't you? If I were at all interested, I would now have something kewl to do a search for.

Don't bring fame and recognition to someone or something or a way of life or thought that you would suppress if you could, is my first bit of unsolicited advice. It makes absolutely no sense that you would shine a spotlight on something or someone that you would rather doom to obscurity. You dignify and legitimize it with your acknowledgement that it is worthy of your attention.

Second, the ignore feature can be very handy. Unless, of course, you just can't survive online without an enemy. (Try it! Ignore me, if this post irritates you. It is not meant to do so, but if it does, then that would be one way to be just a little bit happier.)

Third, Mrs. Monster just made me a very nice Old Fashioned, just the way I like them, and when I have finished it I think she intends to make me another one. If you could avail yourself of a similar diversion, it might be easier to forget about small minded persons for a little while, and have a nice relaxing evening. Works for me. In fact it works so well I don't think I can even finish this pos..............................t

<EDIT>
    BTW, what's "stormfront"? Oh, never mind. I'll look it up. Might be interesting.

See what I mean?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    #21     Jun 29, 2020
    Tsing Tao likes this.
  2. southall

southall

Whats do you consider in my post to be BS?

That i am a person of color, or i like to think i am impartial

#22     Jun 29, 2020
  3. upload_2020-6-30_8-23-19.jpeg

#23     Jun 30, 2020
  4. It does if you had hoped the admin would ban him. Left unattended, you get enough of these guys getting together in threads for their regular master race circle jerks.

Much as I like ET, it gets embarrassing sometimes posting alongside scums of the earth, even though I'm ostensibly anonymous. I wish ET did better. That is why I gave my feedback in the appropriate forum.

#24     Jun 30, 2020
    Cuddles likes this.
  5. Seriously? And what about the content of his posts? No hate or degradation there? Are you intentionally being obtuse, or do you actually have a comprehension issue?

#25     Jun 30, 2020
  6. southall

southall

I have had racist hate spewed at me in the street many times. I have not seen any such hatred in those posts.
    If he does escalate his rhetoric i am sure ET will ban him

#26     Jun 30, 2020
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

FF, multiple times people have asked you for specific examples, and every time you have deflected. Yet you not only want posts removed, you want a person banned for posting things you disagree with. Of course you will probably claim you don't believe in censorship, so you sidestep that by labeling their posts "hate" speech, and then demand that what you consider "hate" speech be removed.

When someone in this thread labels tens of millions of US citizens as 'small, racist cowards' is that "hate" speech too?

Or when someone in this thread references people as 'scums of the earth', surely that is "hate" speech, no?

How about if we err on the side of open, vigorous debate in the Politics Forum and I invite you to report specific egregious content you don't like so that it can be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Short of that, put people on Ignore who bother you, or don't frequent that forum.

#27     Jun 30, 2020
    Axon, richie90, Tsing Tao and 2 others like this.
  8. RRY16

RRY16

Contact Sponsors if it gets out of hand.

#28     Jun 30, 2020
    Cuddles likes this.
  9. southall

southall

Sponsors will want to see an example, some evidence, like a link to a hate filled post.

Frederick Foresight cant even produce a single one for us.

#29     Jun 30, 2020
  10. How's this: every single post since the time I started this thread where Corky5 refers to African Americans is outright offensive. Every single one. And by offensive, I mean derogatory about an entire swath of people. Is that clear enough for you? Am I wrong? Would you like me to quote every single one of his posts in Politics in their entirety here? Please advise.

(Did I really have to explain that to you?)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    #30     Jun 30, 2020
    Cuddles and faet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.